Salty roads...not for her car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salty roads...not for her car

Last evening a friend called me from Dyer in NW IN. He said he and his wife had gone to church recently after the big snow storm and the streets were still slippery, but they had received an application of sand and salt. He said he parked and noticed a man looking over a beautiful 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air convertible. My friend is attracted to that particular car because he was driving one when we were in college. He asked the man about the car and how he happened to be driving such a nice car in such weather. He replied, "My wife said we had to drive my car because she did not want her car on the road in these conditions. My friend asked the owner of the Chevy what car his wife owned.

He replied, "A 1957 Studebaker and she doesn't want it exposed to any salt." True story. My friend did not pursue asking if there was another car that was not unavailable at that moment. My wife thought it was hilarious when I shared the story with her. Of course I always refer to our Studebaker as her car.
    Last edited by Bob Bryant; 03-09-2011, 05:21 PM.
    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Hats off to the wife!
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

yeah, good choice!!

Comment

After all, you can buy a complete new body for the Chevy!

Comment

Why drive a good car in bad weather when a brand X is available. Bud

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
            I'm with you Bud.
            Fred

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
              Last night on TV there was an ad for a Kia lease..for $129 a month for what looked to be something fairly neat, the "Soul".

At that price...drive it in the winter. With a lease it should be under warrenty the whole time, so no maintenance worries and turn it in when done.
              Save your good car.
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
              X