Good Stude Stuff: Spring 2011 Hagerty Quarterly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Stude Stuff: Spring 2011 Hagerty Quarterly

Any of you who have Hagerty Collector Car Insurance and thus receive The Hagerty Quarterly Magazine, don't toss the Spring 2011 edition when it arrives this week.

'Got mine today and there are at least two good Studebaker items in it:

1. A major article on Indiana's Automotive Heritage highlights The Studebaker National Museum and, to a lesser extent, South Bend, in addition to three other major state automotive museums: The Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, The Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum in Speedway, and The Kokomo Automotive Heritage Museum in Kokomo.

2. Their major Market Watch section is devoted exclusively to postwar Studebaker values and discussion. There's the usual assortment of errors in their technical descriptions of four auction Studebakers highlighted as examples but, overall, the article is pleasant and complimentary and the values quoted seem reasonably accurate; nothing over which to throw up your hands in disgust.

The percentage differences seem a bit odd, though, I mean, is a #1 Speedster really worth about 45% more than a #1 1956 Golden Hawk?

Anyway, they say these nice words:

"Today, Studebaker is far and away the most popular of the defunct American independent auto producers, with plenty of club and enthusiast support."

'Gotta love that! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Hagerty also mentions that "Interestling, Studebakers are held in higher esteem in the international market than at home, although they continue to gain respect".
    sigpic

Mike Barany

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      Anyway, they say these nice words:
      "Today, Studebaker is far and away the most popular of the defunct American independent auto producers, with plenty of club and enthusiast support."
      'Gotta love that! BP
      You folks who have been in Studeland for a long time my not fully realize this...but among the collector car world, this club's support for the marque is legendary. Long before I bought my car, I'd heard the same comments from a number of sources.
      Who knows how much it helps entice new collectors to Studebakers (like myself) and in doing so, helps keep the cars on the road and values up?

All the more reason to renew your membership, get stragglers to join (and welcome all with open arms...including modifides) and add $5-10 a year to your membership renewal for the Museum and restoration fund.
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Just got my issue in the mail yesterday. A couple of nice articles about Studebaker. Hagerty is really improving their magazine's content. I used to just toss it in the recycle bin straight from the mailbox. It now resides in the magazine rack in the ~ahem~ library until I get a chance to finish reading it cover-to-cover.
        Frank Remlinger
        Detroit, Michigan
        SDC# A004602R

Comment

Working...
        X