Transporting car from Canada to the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transporting car from Canada to the USA

I am wondering if anyone has any tips or knows of a good reliable transportation company to get a vehicle from Alberta to Virginia. Thanks.

Originally posted by debspen View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has any tips or knows of a good reliable transportation company to get a vehicle from Alberta to Virginia. Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum, and sorry I could not help via e-mail. Guys and gals, any help for a newbie ?
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Hi debspen
      I recently brought a 41 Commander into BC from WA. It was a bit of a rigamarole but in the end it saved some $ doing it myself. I found the following website useful:

http://www.lemonfree.com/importing_car_canada.php

The toughest part was trying to find the number on the car which matched the number on the title. It was there, just hard to find. As far as shipping companies go, I did a search for car haulers and used

http://www.uship.com/

to get transporters to bid on the job. I eventually found my transporter using a google search and requesting estimates from several transporters. A friend of mine recommends DAS auto shipping. Good luck with your move. If you have more questions, send a private message and I will do my best to answer them.

Brian
      sigpic
      Brian Schuppert

71 Buick Riviera
      41 Studebaker Commander

Comment

Oops! I just realize that you're going FROM Canada to the US. In that case, it seems the regulations are less restrictive. Try this website:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/bas...or_vehicle.xml

Brian
        sigpic
        Brian Schuppert

71 Buick Riviera
        41 Studebaker Commander

Comment

What did you get? And when do you want to move it?
          Brian
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I've looked into this before. As near as I could determine the ideal situation is if a Canadian can bring it across the border into the U.S., then handing it off to an American. Otherwise it's a lot of hassle.

I haven't tried it yet; this is just what I've gathered from others. Please keep us posted on what you do and how it works out. I live an hour from the border and if it proves to be a simple process I'd look more seriously at Canadian cars.
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Good Evening:

It has been a long time ago, but seems I had to have a trucking company and a broker to help with paperwork at the boarder

I brought a truck from Alberta to Virginia .

Take Care

george o

Comment

Working...
              X