X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York to E-Bay: New World Record?

It was brought to York last weekend, sold there, and here 'tis:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-...item2a0ec6abb7
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    It was brought to York last weekend, sold there, and here 'tis:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-...item2a0ec6abb7
    I've bought and sold the same car at York a day apart, but never got one on ebay that quick. Than there was the car I bought on ebay, had it delivered to York and sold it there right off the trailer. That was the cop car I really did not want to sell, but someone offered me too much money for it.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

OH NO! That has! wide whitewalls! on it! Terrible!

Seriously, I saw that listing earlier but didn't realize it was the same car. By the time I got there Friday at Noon it was already marked 'sold'. Gutsy move on the seller's part. Wonder if he'll make any money?
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I'm not sure it's the York car. The telephone number in the eBay ad is the same one JP posted about on 2-22-11 http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...550&viewfull=1 If he owned it then, how could he be the same one that bought it at York and put it on eBay? Am I missing something?
        Chip
        '63 Cruiser
        '57 Packard wagon
        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

194 cid?

Jeff T.
          \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
          The Replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
            I'm not sure it's the York car. The telephone number in the eBay ad is the same one JP posted about on 2-22-11 http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...550&viewfull=1 If he owned it then, how could he be the same one that bought it at York and put it on eBay? Am I missing something?
            Sounds like the York buyer backed out and the seller at York is the one that has it on ebay.

Comment

At York:

On eBay:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

No doubt it's the same car. I think Matthew is right about the York buyer backing out.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
                  No doubt it's the same car. I think Matthew is right about the York buyer backing out.
                  Looks like the guy that e-mailed me gave up on the engine swap idea.
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

Does anybody know the asking and/or selling price of car at York? Did antbody pay close enough attentioin to descrbe its condition? What are guesses as to what it will bring on ebay?

Comment

I smell Hemi all the way!!!
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Ensley View Post
                        Does anybody know the asking and/or selling price of car at York? Did anybody pay close enough attention to describe its condition? What are guesses as to what it will bring on ebay?
                        Since it was already maked sold I didn't give it another look. Had I thought about it I should have looked at it for just this reason.

I'm guessing it'll draw about $1200.
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Funny...this guy said he would definitely buy my 63' Cruiser if I brought it to York.....and a downpayment of $100..... to swap the drivetrain into this car....said he would bring a trailer to take it home......do you think 2 cars could fit on that trailer....:-)
                          Last edited by jackb; 03-09-2011, 07:12 AM. Reason: fine tune

Comment

I always thought one of these would be a great starting point for a mild custom! It's already de-chromed!
                            Shave the doors, frenched bumper bolts, nice paint, dress up the engine.

Comment

Well, the ad does say it is rare, rare, rare!

And I suppose it is, in that they made "only" 2,943 Scotsman 2-doors against 3,005 4-doors and 3,400 wagons. BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X