Beautiful 49 Studebaker Custom Pickup on Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful 49 Studebaker Custom Pickup on Ebay

This Ebay listing has lots of pictures of a beautiful 49 Custom Pickup .... if I only print money like the US Treasury, I would be tempted to get this Sweet ride.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...item2a0e86dff4
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Nice truck. Lots of things I do like, and some things I don't. Took a few notes for ideas on my own truck.. Which I dragged home tonight after 3 years of sitting at my Granddad's shop.. Interesting that I'm thinking about Salt Flat Specials for mine. I like 'em on a C-Cab.

Comment

Suicide doors!

Only someone who has ever done that can appreciate how much work it was to get it right. That alone should add $5k to the value.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

That is a beautiful truck!

As it stands now, it's within $1K of what Goliath brought on ebay, and worth more!

Big G. was a different breed of custom, as compared to this one... built to go, and tow, maybe more than to show... kinda simplier... not as nice, or fancy....

But, I sure miss having him around!

I 'spect this '49 won't make reserve, but it will be fun to watch!

I think it's about time Stude trucks start demanding the prices they deserve!
        Last edited by Studedude; 03-04-2011, 07:04 PM.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

That really is a beautifully done truck. This one is much fancier than I would really want, but the modifications are nice. At first I looked at the purple flames and didn't like it, but I realized that the camera does not pick up the "pop" of the paint. In person the paint is probably stunning. Too many $$ for me anyway.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

The auction closed at $18,099 and didn't meet reserve.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
              That is a beautiful truck!

As it stands now, it's within $1K of what Goliath brought on ebay, and worth more!

Big G. was a different breed of custom, as compared to this one... built to go, and tow, maybe more than to show... kinda simplier... not as nice, or fancy....

But, I sure miss having him around!

I 'spect this '49 won't make reserve, but it will be fun to watch!

I think it's about time Stude trucks start demanding the prices they deserve!
              Dave, I would much rather have Goliath as well. I can't believe you let him go .... I hope he has a good home and his current owner is keeping him happy !
              sigpic
              John
              63R-2386
              Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Working...
              X