• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigs list giggle

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...229645073.html
    JDP Maryland

I think there's one too many zeros lol.

Comment

Those miles may be right on if it is a one owner car and is still used daily.

Comment

Only 615,000 miles? I think there are 2 too many zeros there(in the price, not the mileage )

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
          Only 615,000 miles? I think there are 2 too many zeros there(in the price, not the mileage )

Terry
          But it has the externally adjustable oil pressure thing.
          JDP Maryland

Comment

To each their own I suppose.

I do not think any of us would be fast enough to snatch it up for $350, and if it is as described $3500 may not be sufficient either.

I can not see selling something I have owned long enough to put that kind of mileage on for a bargain price either.

At this point I would have to either keep it forever or give it to a relative or close friend.

I agree that the some requested is unlikely and possibly a typo, but then again; it may be just another Craig's list game.

There is no cost involved with posting an item for sale there.

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post

Terry
              Haha that's what I meant the price.

Comment

Why do so many Craigslist car sellers obscure the license plates in the photo? Are they afraid you will run the plate through DMV, find out where it is and steal it? Other sellers go far in the opposite direction and even include the VIN number so you can do a CarFax (not applicable to Studes of course.)

Comment

I dont get you guys.....if it was a 57 chevy you'd say that it was a "reasonable" price. You want your cars values to increase and lament that other cars get so much more. Then you turn around and lambast every post on every car for sale.(unless it is someone on the forum).
                  Bez Auto Alchemy
                  573-318-8948
                  http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Why do so many Craigslist car sellers obscure the license plates in the photo? Are they afraid you will run the plate through DMV, find out where it is and steal it?
                    There are a lot of whackos out there in the world. If you run those plates, they can get your address, and name. It is just a short step to find your SS number and anything else they want to know about you. Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the US right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                      I dont get you guys.....if it was a 57 chevy you'd say that it was a "reasonable" price. You want your cars values to increase and lament that other cars get so much more. Then you turn around and lambast every post on every car for sale.(unless it is someone on the forum).
                      I did it because of the silly asking price, mileage and padded listing. i.e. adjustable oil pressure, 1 inch wide timing gear and the rest. If it was a 57 Nomad, the price would still be too high, but he could have hyped the stamped steel rocker arms I guess.
                      Trust me, had I listed the Cruiser at say 100K, with that hype, I'd have been due some giggles too. Craigs list is a treasure trove of those sorts of ad's. i.e. one for a used 55 V8 engine at 8K comes to mind, or the one for a 1940 Studebaker "Horseless carriage"
                      Last edited by JDP; 02-24-2011, 08:37 PM.
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Fors View Post
                        Why do so many Craigslist car sellers obscure the license plates in the photo? Are they afraid you will run the plate through DMV, find out where it is and steal it?
                        I never got that either. It's like substituting parts of your e-mail or phone number when they're posted. All manner of maladies have been warned if you don't, yet I've never had a problem posting them, ever. Never known anyone else that has either.

Only reason I can see to obscure the plate is what happened to me on the GT I bought from CA as a CA car; the seller had rags over the plates. Turned out it was to obscure the non-CA plates from the car's original location Luckily the car was as good as advertised, just not a native CA car as presented.
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Again, the wrong side of the country. I'd move to California if it wasn't for my house, my wife and my friends.
                          Jamie McLeod
                          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                          1958 Commander "Christine"
                          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                          1955 Commander Sedan
                          1964 Champ
                          1960 Lark

Comment

I blur plates on everything.I feel better protected doing it and thats all that matters.Opinions may vary but in the case of my personal property my opinion is the only one that matters.
                            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                              I never got that either. It's like substituting parts of your e-mail or phone number when they're posted. All manner of maladies have been warned if you don't, yet I've never had a problem posting them, ever. Never known anyone else that has either.
                              I never post my email or phone number anymore.
                              Everytime I have posted by email address in typed format on a craigslist ad, oh my, the spam was unbelievable. Offers to buy the car and have their agent pick it up with a cashiers check, and oh, don't worry, just keep the extra $2000 for all your trouble, blah, blah, blah. Also, generic emails saying they want to buy my "item" and wanting me to email to verify the price and such without ever mentioning what it was. Hello, that's why it was clearly stated in the ad they didn't read. It was numerous spams each & every day.
                              Also, there are email harvester programs out there that just search internet pages for email addresses manually typed in. They do it because of the way it creates a link with the @ symbol. I already get enough Vi@gra & Ci@lis offers in emails as it is, any way I can minimize the spam, is a good idea.

So, let the craigslist ad link work for people to email with questions.

Just my $.02

Comment

Working...
                              X