Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some unusual Studebaker items on Ebay I think you may like....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some unusual Studebaker items on Ebay I think you may like....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310297623494

I have been listing some duplicate items from my collection on Ebay over the past 3 months. The '63 Data book above is one of the more scarce. Take a look if you have an interest. They do not come up for sale very often and this one is complete and in pristine condition. I have quite a few other items listed as well that I will post here later.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Here aere some of the other (mostly unusual) items now running for these and more see: http://shop.ebay.com/studeq/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562
    Can supply details if needed.
    Richard Quinn

Comment

Oh, we have to BUY them. (I was just going by the title of the thread....) <GGG> BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for the Mr. Ed/Daytona photo. Been wanting that one!
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I like that 1963 salesman's book, I'll be very curious to see how much it brings.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Is the woman on the cover of The Wheel being attacked by a condor? How can that be good publicity for Studebaker? Are they more resistant to animal strikes than other cars?
            John
            1950 Champion
            W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
            Holdrege NE

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
              Is the woman on the cover of The Wheel being attacked by a condor? How can that be good publicity for Studebaker? Are they more resistant to animal strikes than other cars?
              http://cgi.ebay.com/Studebaker-Wheel...-/120688391254

I believe the bird is a turkey and I believe it is trying to escape being Thanksgiving dinner. Of course if you have a story about a woman in a Studebaker roadster being attacked by a giant condor I, as well as many others, would probably enjoy reading it. Just don't run "afowl" of the facts.
              Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 02-24-2011, 01:40 AM.
              Richard Quinn

Comment

Just looked at the above auction. In your text you list shipping as $450. I think that is excessive, just my 2 cents.
                Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                50 Champion 2 door*
                53 Commander K Auto*
                53 Commander K overdrive*
                55 President Speedster
                62 GT 4Speed*
                63 Avanti R1*
                64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

That will be interesting...a couple of years ago at Spring Carlisle I saw one of those still sealed with an asking price of $150. We'll see if the current state of the economy has affected the going rate for such an item.
                  Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by ddub View Post
                    Just looked at the above auction. In your text you list shipping as $450. I think that is excessive, just my 2 cents.
                    I noticed that also. I am hoping the bidders don't notice until the auction is over then I can hit them with that little surprise!! I need the extra money to support my habits (most of which are expensive and bad)!
                    Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                      I need the extra money to support my habits (most of which are expensive and bad)!
                      Kinda like my habits: "Fine Women...Fine Automobiles...Fine Firearms...Fine Cigars". NONE of which are inexpensive!
                      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                        Jeez, times sure were different in '28, hunting turkeys in an open-top car in November. This country boy still hunts a turkey for Thanksgiving, but it consists of rooting around in an open-top cooler at the supermarket.

Come to think of it, that can get a little chilly too.
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                        X