Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silverhawk
    replied
    Oh wow!! That is amazing!!! I can't wait to see this beauty again!

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Definitely looks beefy!

Leave a comment:

• PlainBrownR2
    replied
    I know nothing about it or the detailed history on the electrics, other than it was part of the concours and it was in the picture sets at a time where my interest in the Studes was in building a truck for the model car contest. Compared to the Runabout at Omaha, it does look fairly beefy though, but it is built in the same way the recent wagons of old were constructed.

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
    It was this one ....

That '02 looks huge! If my limited local Studebaker history memory cells serve me correctly, that info tag in that picture is incorrect. I'm fairly sure the 1902 vehicles were all built in Cleveland on Garford frames from their nearby Elyria factory. They moved all horseless production soon after to South Bend. Someone from the Antique Studebaker Club should know the exact final move date from Cleveland. 1903? '04?

By the way, great work, James. Looks amazing already.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Way cool James. Good on you for undertaking the restoration of that one.

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    I believe the other still exists but do not know where it is displayed. Still a resource for evaluating battery and motive power.
    Pretty sure it's in the SNM in South Bend.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    This 1908 Studebaker electric is displayed at the Swigart Museum in Huntingdon, Pa. It is one of two built to carry legislators through the subway between the U.S. Capitol building and legislative offices. I believe the other still exists but do not know where it is displayed. Still a resource for evaluating battery and motive power.

http://www.swigartmuseum.com/

Leave a comment:

• Dick Clemens
    replied
    Rich: Barney Rademacher's car was an 03 gas powered.
    The Electric at the 96 IM at the Queen Mary came out of Arizona.

studedick from the lower Ozarks
    Last edited by Dick Clemens; 02-24-2011, 04:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tutone63
    replied
    All right!!

Leave a comment:

• PlainBrownR2
    replied
    It was this one ....

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post

If it helps any, I have a couple of pictures from the Queen Mary meet way back when, that shows a 1902 Studebaker Electric with a Westinghouse Motor on a 48 volt system .
    That was probably Barney Radimaker's Car, very rare and in nice condition.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    C. Studebaker from Ohio used to bring electric cars to SDC meets, but I do not remember any electric commercial vehicles. Someone else brought an electric to the first (1980, IIRC) Gettysburg SDC International.
    You deserve a lot of credit for undertaking this project. What will propel it?

Leave a comment:

• PlainBrownR2
    replied
    I guess really the big question is what electric motor or battery system are you going to use to move the vehicle.
    Modern battery in wooden cases with hardware to give the look of a by gone Wooden Battery?

If it helps any, I have a couple of pictures from the Queen Mary meet way back when, that shows a 1902 Studebaker Electric with a Westinghouse Motor on a 48 volt system .

Leave a comment:

• godlovsUall
    replied
    Stephanie & James we are so proud of you & your achievements with the studebaker museum & 50s dinner.
    We know how hard you have worked & the sacrifices you have made to achieve this special museum. We love being a part of it.
    May God bless you .
    Betty & Bob Lemke
    Stephanies mother & dad.

Leave a comment:

• raprice
    replied
    James,
    Beautiful workmanship on the body. Boy, I wish I had that kind of talent! By the looks of it, you should be finished when you need to. Best of luck. What you have is truly rare and magnificent.
    Rog

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Simply Fantastic!

Absolutely Fantastic progress on the Electric Wagon James, it sure does not look like it did when I saw it last at the Museum!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X