Studebaker Electric Wagon Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James,
    I hope you picked up a few apples to munch on while going through Wenatche! I did that (and also dined at Studebaker's in Cashmere) after my visit to your fabulous diner & museum three years ago. That vehicle looks great!

Comment

James,

Thanks for the progress report! We are really looking forward to seeing your electric wagon when its all completed.

Craig

Comment

That is one sweet looking Wagon and one of a kind, beyond rare.

Great Pictures of the entire process of the final assembly and picking the Wagon up at Jerry's. Stephanie is to be congratulated on some really FINE progress photos.

I guess I really missed a lot by getting sick on Sat. and not making it to the Museum and Diner for the open house and Wagon unveiling. But once you get into those ER's you never get out for 4 or 5 hours at least.

Glad to see that Dave was able to help between his multiple trips to Los Angeles.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

To settle a discussion with friends...
          Studebaker had no connection with the Baker Electric Car Co. Of Ohio. Right?
          While growing up here in Pitman, there was a little elderly lady who would drive a Baker Electric least once a week well into the 1960's. Always had a 1950 NJ plate on it, police never bothered her.
          This how the conversation got started with some childhood buddies.
          To all involved in saving and restoring this Studebaker Electric...Job well done!
          Last edited by 57pack; 10-11-2014, 03:29 PM.
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Yes, Baker Electric was a completely different company.

Dwain, we got the first load in the wagon when Joan came out and placed fresh produce in the wagon from their garden to take home.
            The picture of the truck was only about a mile away from Cashmere with the river behind the truck and apple orchards in front of it.
            Studebaker's Restaurant is no longer there (it got sold to 49er Diner).

We may not be able to bring our electric wagon to St. Louis Meet, but it wouldn't be the only one that's ever been there -

James
            Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
            Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Thank you James! It's rare I'm right.
              Have to say, this post of your Studebaker Electric is among one of the best!
              I thank you for sharing with us.
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

James I have been watching the wagon rebuild with great interest, fantastic job. I look forward to the video of it's first drive. It's a pity Studebaker didn't build steam cars, that would have married my two great loves.
                Matt
                Brisbane
                Australia
                sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

A St. Louis Bank also had the attached special Studebaker Electric Money Wagon driving around town.
                  Attached Files
                  Bellingham, WA.

Comment

The following link is for an interview with Jerry Gieseke, his wife Joan and the Studebaker Electric Wagon at the Bell's Studebaker Diner & Museum.

https://vimeo.com/135501235

James
                    Bellingham, WA.

Comment

• What a great video!
                      What a wonderful project!
                      Kudo's to all!

Originally posted by Bellingham Studenut View Post
                      The following link is for an interview with Jerry Gieseke, his wife Joan and the Studebaker Electric Wagon at the Bell's Studebaker Diner & Museum.

https://vimeo.com/135501235

James
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3594.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1705459Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3591.JPG
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	1705460Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3592.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1705461Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3566.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1705462Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3568.jpg
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1705463 Just thought I'd share My Thomas A. Edison Nickle Cadmium Storage battery for the Studebaker Electric Cars. This One is in amazing working shape and is right down the road From the Bells, in Sedro Woolley, WA. Yes James Bell, I would like to see Your car. I did see that Your original post said Your Electric Wagon is a 1902, Thomas A. Edison didn't have His Storage batteries available to the General public until 1903. FYI.
                        Last edited by effiedude; 05-18-2016, 02:11 PM.
                        Patrick Sammon

Comment

• James! I was wondering what type of Battery array are You using in Your Electric Car? Would You be interested in the Original Thomas A. Edison set for Your car? Just thought I'd share My Thomas A. Edison Nickle Cadmium Storage battery for the Studebaker Electric Cars. This One is in amazing working shape and is right down the road From the YouClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3594.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1705459Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3592.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1705461Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3591.JPG
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	1705460Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3588.JPG
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	1705464Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3587.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1705465Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3586.jpg
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1705466Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3577.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1705467 in Sedro Woolley, WA. Yes James Bell, I would like to see Your car. I did see that Your original post said Your Electric Wagon is a 1902, Thomas A. Edison didn't have His Storage batteries available to the General public until 1903. FYI.
                          Patrick Sammon

Comment

• Studebaker may have used something like this in their Cars, but James' is a Electric Wagon, and definitely would be used as a Truck.

Interesting, if those Seven Cells were 2 Volts each, you would have 14 Volts!

The Wagon requires 48 Volts.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• This set of batteries is the spare set that came from an estate that had an early Studebaker electric car, The buyer didn't take them as the original set had Studebaker stenciled on the battery box! but true these came from a buggy type two seater electric Studebaker car.
                              Patrick Sammon

Comment

• Originally posted by effiedude View Post
                                I was wondering what type of Battery array are You using in Your Electric Car? Would You be interested in the Original Thomas A. Edison set for Your car? Just thought I'd share My Thomas A. Edison Nickle Cadmium Storage battery for the Studebaker Electric Cars. This One is in amazing working shape and is right down the road From the You
                                Is that the older Type 'E', or the much improved Type 'A'?

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X