Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'51 Commander Automatic Lower Throttle Linkage NEEDED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '51 Commander Automatic Lower Throttle Linkage NEEDED!

OK, at the risk of sounding like a SDC Forum newbie, I am going to have to do something I rarely ever do.... actually START a Post AND ask for HELP!

My friend and long time SDC and Whatcom County Chapter Founding Member Russ, is trying with my help to finish the restoration on his nice '51 Commander Convertible with DG Automatic Trans.

I think I asked twice and he asked once himself if anybody had a LOWER Throttle Bellcrank for a Late '51 & '52 Comm. Automatic, because it is lost and he has none.

We may not at the time have known which one of the two we needed, but it is a bit clearer now that we need 531055 (Note 14).

This would be the Lower Bellcrank that connects the Rod from the Auto. Trans. and the Rod to the Gas pedal to the rod that goes UP to the UPPER Bellcrank and then to the Carb. for Serial Number 8,133,626 and LATER '51 & '52 Commanders with Automatic ONLY.

This is on 1951 to 1954 Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalog Pg.48, Plate 03-8, Detail Part Picture code 312-6.

Russ and I will be very appreciative for ANY help we get with this way too long undone project, Thanks. Rich.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 02-22-2011, 03:26 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

No Bellcranks?

Come on, nobody has a '51 Commander Automatic Parts Car?
    StudeRich
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Just got off the Studebaker swap meet page Feb. ads the ad was for part for your car try it. good luck

Comment

Yes I did ask Roy Valdez today about this much needed Part, and he does not have one available at this time, but knows a few guys that might, so lets hope someone comes through!
        StudeRich
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have a 51 or 52 engine and trans assy, that may still have that on it. I will check tomorrow.

Comment

Have you tried Bob Helm in Royce City, Texas? He has a building full of obscure parts. His phone number is 972-843-3402.

Comment

Rich, I do have one. I thought that I may use it for a 1951 project I have. I am installing a full flow V8 on a very rare 1951 Stude. I may part with it. If no one comes up to the plate in a week , call me again.

Comment

I checked the one I have. The linkage is missing. Sorry I couldn't help.

Comment

Working...
                X