Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker Symbols in the most unlikely places?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Symbols in the most unlikely places?

I had recently removed the tank straps from my 1929 GE Dictator while having the gas tank cleaned. While cleaning and repairing threads on the straps, I noticed what looks like the Studebaker Wheel symbol with an S in the center. I've come across this before in the most unlikely places - heads of bolts, etc and find it neat seeing these marks that remind us of the detail this company put into their vehicles.

Sometimes these repair jobs are like a treasure hunt!
    Attached Files
    1938 Commander (great-grandfathers)
    1948 Commander (great-grandmothers)

That's neat! I had never seen those... but then again, I have never owned a Studebaker built before 1950.
    It is amazing what I can learn every day from you fellow "Studenuts".
    Thanks

Comment

That has my attetion. While I was working on osrting hard ware bins at SI over christmas, many of the bolts had the "S" on the top. Studebaker made their own nuts and bolts in plant two for a long time. I forget exactly when and exactly what building, but it was back behind building #78. That however is an interesting logo, as it is the Studebaker FOUNDRY logo. I would say that bolt was cast in the foundry and later threaded.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

I bet you don't know that EVERY single part on a Ford military JEEP had Ford stamped on it.
        Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
        Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
        Lizella, GA

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
          That has my attetion. While I was working on osrting hard ware bins at SI over christmas, many of the bolts had the "S" on the top. Studebaker made their own nuts and bolts in plant two for a long time. I forget exactly when and exactly what building, but it was back behind building #78. That however is an interesting logo, as it is the Studebaker FOUNDRY logo. I would say that bolt was cast in the foundry and later threaded.
          Found the same logo on the back of the exhaust manifold today. Kinda feels like a time warp when I look at these things!

Robert
          1938 Commander (great-grandfathers)
          1948 Commander (great-grandmothers)

Comment

Originally posted by Nelsen Motorsports View Post
            I bet you don't know that EVERY single part on a Ford military JEEP had Ford stamped on it.
            Having worked on Ford products, I have learned that they still stamp their logo on nearly everything. even parts inside their transmission cases!

Comment

Working...
            X