Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'40 Champion right tail light lens?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '40 Champion right tail light lens?

    had a bad day yesterday...
    ...Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0410.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1733061
    anybody have one for sale?
    right turn signal went out. i sat it on the "shelf" in front of the rear bumper, next i knew it hit the ground
    turned out the bulb was ok - loose wire connection...
    already looked thru the stude vendors' site, ebay, etc. - nothing found.
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

    '51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

    '40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

  • #2
    Those can be hard to find. I might have an extra one, I'll look tonight.
    Chris Dresbach

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
      Those can be hard to find. I might have an extra one, I'll look tonight.
      thanks... i'm afraid this might be close to a piece of "unobtainium". i saw one for a commander, but not a champion...
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

      '51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

      '40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

      Comment


      • #4
        Seems to me that I have more than a pair of lenses for my '40, but I'm not at home right now to check. I could check in a week or so.

        If you haven't found a lens, give this thread a bump about mid-week next week to remind me, or send me a PM.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

        Comment


        • #5
          Might want to check here...says he has one, but also says "sold"...worth a call

          http://www.taillightking.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by StudeSchack View Post
            Might want to check here...says he has one, but also says "sold"...worth a call

            http://www.taillightking.com/
            thanks. i shot him a email, will call monday if nothing else shows up...
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

            '51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

            '40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gordr View Post
              Seems to me that I have more than a pair of lenses for my '40, but I'm not at home right now to check. I could check in a week or so.

              If you haven't found a lens, give this thread a bump about mid-week next week to remind me, or send me a PM.
              thanks - will do!!!
              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

              '51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

              '40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                thanks... i'm afraid this might be close to a piece of "unobtainium". i saw one for a commander, but not a champion...
                Well, I looked. I thought I had one but don't. Sorry about that. I did find a few extra chrome bezels if you ever need one.
                Chris Dresbach

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                  Well, I looked. I thought I had one but don't. Sorry about that. I did find a few extra chrome bezels if you ever need one.
                  i appreciate your looking! i'm ok on bezels, but that reminded me of a bunch of avanti parts i need to catalog and sell...
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

                  '51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

                  '40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gordr View Post
                    Seems to me that I have more than a pair of lenses for my '40, but I'm not at home right now to check. I could check in a week or so.

                    If you haven't found a lens, give this thread a bump about mid-week next week to remind me, or send me a PM.

                    bump, per request
                    still no luck...
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

                    '51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

                    '40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X