159 and still going strong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 159 and still going strong!

As I write this, it is the eve of Studebaker's 159 anniversary... (February 15.) Tomorrow is the day that in 1852, Clem and Henry Studebaker began their business with $68 to invest. The business was H&C Studebaker, blacksmith and wagon builders. They made .25 profit their first day by shoeing a horse. Irionically, 142 years later was my birthday... (I swear it's a desease... ) February 16th, Studebaker is 159, I'm 17. Every year I go to Tippecanoe Place on this date. This year I decided to do the same thing but with a twist; anybody in the South Bend area who is a current SDC member is invited to go. The only catch is, guests pay for themselves. So far there are 20 who plan on going. If you are in South Bend tomorrow at 6:00 in the evening, stop on by! If not, make Clem proud and fire up a Studebaker!

Happy 159th!
    Chris Dresbach

Happy Birthday Chris.
    Dave Pink
    Victoria, Australia

1916 SF Roadster
    1925 ER Tourer
    1925 Panel Delivery
    1953 Champion Sedan
    1957 Golden Hawk
    1971 Avanti II

Studebaker Car Club Of Australia Website
    http://www.studebakercarclub.net

Comment

Happy birthday Xtopher! Keep it up and one day you'll catch up to me in age!
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

If I was anywhere close to SB I'd be there.
        Happy Birthday !!!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Chris. Don't overdo it at Tippecanoe. The desserts have done me in more than once when I was sure I still had room for more food. <G> Take pictures...it's sounds like, maybe, the first unofficial meet in SB for 2011 that may produce enough Studes on the road for a group parking lot shot. Have fun, you're only a minor for one more year!

Comment

Happy Birthday Chris!
            I have a 1950 4 door Commander a 51 land cruiser And a 52 Champion
            sigpic
            I'll Tattoo you anytime!
            And you can find me at....

New Shop Name Same tattoo shop
            Crazy Lady Ink
            Shakopee Mn.
            952-445-3281
            27 years in the tattooing biz

Comment

Happy Birthday bro!!
              Dylan Wills
              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Belated Happy 17th, Chris. Be sure to get all your felonies committed this year; they're a lot more serious after you turn 18!
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Chris walks the straight and narrow. Jim

Comment

happy b'day!!!
                    wish we could trade ages...
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark View Post
                      Happy Birthday, Chris. Don't overdo it at Tippecanoe. The desserts have done me in more than once when I was sure I still had room for more food. <G> Take pictures...it's sounds like, maybe, the first unofficial meet in SB for 2011 that may produce enough Studes on the road for a group parking lot shot. Have fun, you're only a minor for one more year!

If you all will excuse me for going off topic, Barnlark, that is one gorgeous Lark convertible.

Comment

Chris; Happy Birthday and best wishes.
                        "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Thanks everybody. Tippecanoe was great! I had the Studebaker cut of prime rib (The biggest they have) and had about 35 SDC members show up, plus family. I had a great time! Kind of got roasted... Unfortunately no Studebakers showed up, too much salt on the roads here. Best time at Tippecanoe yet!
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                          X