X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Mine!

Hi All..

Well 63R-2648 is mine!
    After a day from hell with United... Don't ask... I arrived in South Bend and inspected te car and came to an agreementd came to an agreement.. So I am no longer a wannabe! Overall I am very happy with the car.. Runs very well and the chassis is very clean and nice.. Even has Stainless Hog Troughs in it.. New rear cross member and freshly boxed frame!
    Jim Maxey of South Bend is handling the sale for the owner.. Those of you who don't know him.. He is a Studebaker tech like few others.. Looked at his 59 4E diesel truck (4 years in restoration) his son's "warmed up" R2 Lark ad a 63 4 speed Daytona Convertible that is being built as a "pace Car Replica...This one had a total frame off restoration and is stunning!
    Jim is quite a tech and works on heavy repairs for the National Studebaker Museum. Served on the support team for the race across america which a 28 Studebaker was run..He rebuilt the engine in this one and I am reallyout the niddle of march.. to drive it home ab and hoping good about this car.. Sure it needs a few things.. that is part of the charm!
    Does anyone know who produces the sun visors for a 63 Avanti?
    So I am official now..
    Ron
    Ron Husak
    Conifer, CO
    Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
    63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Ron

Sounds well bought, Enjoy.

Now dang it - Where are the pictures!!!!???

Bob
    , ,

Comment

Originally posted by ronhusak View Post
      Hi All..

Well 63R-2648 is mine!
      After a day from hell with United... Don't ask... I arrived in South Bend and inspected te car and came to an agreementd came to an agreement.. So I am no longer a wannabe! Overall I am very happy with the car.. Runs very well and the chassis is very clean and nice.. Even has Stainless Hog Troughs in it.. New rear cross member and freshly boxed frame!
      Jim Maxey of South Bend is handling the sale for the owner.. Those of you who don't know him.. He is a Studebaker tech like few others.. Looked at his 59 4E diesel truck (4 years in restoration) his son's "warmed up" R2 Lark ad a 63 4 speed Daytona Convertible that is being built as a "pace Car Replica...This one had a total frame off restoration and is stunning!
      Jim is quite a tech and works on heavy repairs for the National Studebaker Museum. Served on the support team for the race across america which a 28 Studebaker was run..He rebuilt the engine in this one and I am reallyout the niddle of march.. to drive it home ab and hoping good about this car.. Sure it needs a few things.. that is part of the charm!
      Does anyone know who produces the sun visors for a 63 Avanti?
      So I am official now..
      Ron
      Studebaker International had them at one time as I recall.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Congrats! you may find that anonther one may follow you home after the first buy, its a sickness
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats...welcome to Avanti land.

Sun Visors....
          I saw in TW that someone was reproducing them.
          I believe it was either S-I or Phantom.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Congrats!

Jim Maxey is pretty well known and a heck of a nice guy. I'm anxious to see that Daytona convertible Pace Car clone in person; I did all the stainless trim on that one.

Comment

Tom..
              A Nice pickup would be nice.. Particularly a 4X4!
              Ron

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
              Congrats! you may find that anonther one may follow you home after the first buy, its a sickness
              Tom
              Ron Husak
              Conifer, CO
              63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Jim is a prince of a guy.. He has been a real gentleman.. And has agreed to go over the car for me as I Plan to drive it home in a month or so! It's going to be a driver.. That is what I wanted!
                Ron
                BTW I saw the Lark Convertible yesterday.. It is truly stunning! As you know it was a full frame off on a rotissery.. It is beautiful underhood, undercar and everywhere else. The interior isn't in it yet.. The top frame and all is totaly restored.. It absolutly looks correct and perfect.. As yo know it going back together as a pace car so it is a 4 speed as well.. Jim was kind enough to fire it up and all I can say it it sounded just perfect. I have never heard a solid lifter Studebaker sound so quiet or smooth.. And we went across the road and looked at his son's 63 Daytona 4 speed car.. It has a R2+ cam in it a R3 Intake that is made to fit the standard heads worked heads bigger valves etc.. All I can say is that it is (as the young guys say) SICK! Jum and his son are going to repaint that one this spring.. His 2 ton stake diesel Studebaker is also beyond words.. I had a great couple of days here.. Totally immersed in great Conversation and great Cars. Jim is taking me to the Studebaker Museum and to Studebaker International tomorrow before I fly home!
                Ron

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                Congrats!

Jim Maxey is pretty well known and a heck of a nice guy. I'm anxious to see that Daytona convertible Pace Car clone in person; I did all the stainless trim on that one.
                Ron Husak
                Conifer, CO
                63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

JBOYLE..
                  Bought a motorhome yet? I am going to SI tomorrow with Jim.. Do you have the contact info for "Phantom"?
                  Thanks
                  Ron

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                  Congrats...welcome to Avanti land.

Sun Visors....
                  I saw in TW that someone was reproducing them.
                  I believe it was either S-I or Phantom.
                  Ron Husak
                  Conifer, CO
                  63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Bob..
                    I would be happy to post pictures if I could figure out how! I even searched for instructions.. DUH! I can't find it..
                    Ron

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                    Ron

Sounds well bought, Enjoy.

Now dang it - Where are the pictures!!!!???

Bob
                    Ron Husak
                    Conifer, CO
                    63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

JBOYLE..
                      Do you have the contact info for "Phantom"?
                      Thanks
                      Ron
                      Yes, they had an ad that mentioned them in the Nov. Turning Wheels...
                      330-337-8879.

I had them fix some cracks in mine and they came out very nice.
                      Last edited by JBOYLE; 02-14-2011, 09:59 PM.
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Bob..
                        I would be happy to post pictures if I could figure out how! I even searched for instructions.. DUH! I can't find it..
                        Ron
                        Ron

If all else fails, email 'em to me. I'll post 'em.

Bob
                        , ,

Comment

sweetolbob...
                          Can you just give me directions on how to do it?
                          Ron

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                          Ron

If all else fails, email 'em to me. I'll post 'em.

Bob
                          Ron Husak
                          Conifer, CO
                          63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

When you start a thread or reply, go to manage attachments, if you have your pictures on your computer and down load them from there.
                            If you have your images on a host site IE: Photobucket etc, copy and paste the code directly to the thread.

Not a good teacher, maybe someone else can explain better.
                            Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

Comment

sweetolbob...
                              Can you just give me directions on how to do it?
                              Ron
                              Ron

Initially, you will need to get your photos to Photobucket or another picture hosting site.

I use Photobucket and once your pictures are on the site. Double click on the picture to make it full size, right click on the picture and a box will open. Scroll to the last choice (Image Properties) and open.

The box will have a line (Address) click on the address to highlight and hit control C that will save it in the computer memory.

Go to the forum site and as you are in reply, at the top of the reply box you will see a line of options, click on the third from the right (looks like a small picture) and a small box with HTTP in blue. Hit control V and it will add the photo URL in the box. Hit OK and it will be added to the reply in the location the cursor is blinking.

There are other options and ways others do it but I like my way. If you want to add a lot of pictures at once there are other options to do it in one swoop, but that is for another time. Good luck, A little practice and it will become normal. Heck if this 68 year old Luddite can do it, anyone can.

One further note, do it in advanced and you will see the post exactly as it will be posted. A lot of pictures can be added as thumbnails also.

And last but far from least, at the top of the General Page is a post by Studerich on posting on the site. A recommended read before posting pictures.

Bob
                              Last edited by sweetolbob; 02-15-2011, 01:52 PM.
                              , ,

Comment

Working...
                              X