No announcement yet.

What to do with a fire truck model.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe that there is an exact common equivalent in model trains but IIRC O scale (think Lionel - rather large trains) is about 1:42 so there might be something usable there.

Alternately, a large building window intended for HO scale buildings (1:87) might be usable.

nate
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Check Hobby Lobby in the miniature doll house department for your windows.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

I guess I have a trip to Little Rock coming up. I'll have to prowl some of the stores down there. It is amazing what a model like this costs, but at least it's a lot less than 1:1 scale. I am running out of strip styrene so some kind of shopping was in my future anyway.
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
          I didn't realize that the Studebaker Toy Collectors Club was about modeling.
          I intend to bring this thing to Springfield if it gets done on time. So far so good. The main thing that I am holding back on is the windows. I was hoping to find some ready made windows to adapt. I think this model needs the diamond shaped glass to look like a real period RV.

The Toy Studebaker Collectors Club and the TSCC forum are all about toy Studebakers: collecting, building and history. We have an unbelievable build thread about a 1956 Golden Hawk I would encourage everyone to check out.
          You should see the Studebaker water bag that was added this morning.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
          X