JDPs new Cruiser Pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDPs new Cruiser Pix

Here are a few pix of the new Cruiser we just got. Its due to go up on ebay this weekend sometime. Just wanted to share some images of how it looks. Its amazing what some cleaning and buffing will do for a car. This car is an original, low mileage survivor. It will be interesting to see how it does at auction. This is one of those opportunities to own an original car. Just as the Avanti we just had with the original interior, this one may test the market for Cruisers. Its only original once.

sals54

That looks nice!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Absolutely beautiful and desirable car!

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
      Here are a few pix of the new Cruiser we just got. Its due to go up on ebay this weekend sometime. Just wanted to share some images of how it looks. Its amazing what some cleaning and buffing will do for a car. This car is an original, low mileage survivor. It will be interesting to see how it does at auction. This is one of those opportunities to own an original car. Just as the Avanti we just had with the original interior, this one may test the market for Cruisers. Its only original once.

edp/NC
      \'63 Avanti
      \'66 Commander

Comment

Brown cars typically do not bring the "extra" dollars vs black, red or blue. I love original cars and I hope you do well.

Comment

I like them Studebaker Limosettes. Now, if I just had a family to haul around in one, I would consider bidding on it.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Correction: Someone mentioned this car had "Broadcloth" seat coverings = not......These cloth/vinyl seat coverings are way better looking than the Broadcloth....IMHO.....Tho an interesting gimmick/item...more like a Compass or bling-type ......I had a 64' Cruiser with these same seat offerings in Green ( a favorite color; Hoizon Green).....most comfortable seats in all my owned Studes.....GL with this sale...

Comment

Nice car!
              I love mine!

Comment

Originally posted by jackb View Post
                Correction: Someone mentioned this car had "Broadcloth" seat coverings = not......These cloth/vinyl seat coverings are way better looking than the Broadcloth....IMHO.....Tho an interesting gimmick/item...more like a Compass or bling-type ......I had a 64' Cruiser with these same seat offerings in Green ( a favorite color; Hoizon Green).....most comfortable seats in all my owned Studes.....GL with this sale...
                That was me, and my faulty memory. I just recalled the button seats and made the wrong assumption.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

It appeals to me with three exceptions; 1) I have already owned four 1964 Cruisers, 2) It is brown & 3) It is on the incorrect side of the country (shipping, or even driving, adds too much to the cost [even though I just bid on a more expensive car in CA]).
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I believe the '64 broadcloth was the same seat pattern and style as the regular cloth interior, but the '63 Cruiser broadcloth, IMO, was a vastly superior look to the standard Cruiser interior...totally different seat pattern/styling. Looked like it could have come out of a Cadillac Fleetwood.
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

Regardless of the color, its condition is exceptional. I would go for it if my funds weren't so limited right now. I'd love to see my wife going back & forth to work in it! In my book the most beautiful Studebaker's made were the 65/65's & the heavy pot metal chrome on the deck lid (64 only) just makes it tops!
                      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                      64 Zip Van
                      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I'm not a 4 door guy but that is a fine looking car.

Denny L

Comment

Working...
                        X