Rural Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rural Router

Did Studebaker make a rural router in 1962? This looks like it could be one, if the mileage is correct.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Mark

To my knowledge, yes! They are pretty cool too! Now, the only way it could be better is if it was a skytop to boot........
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Shame the seller doesn't know about the Rural Routers. We Canadians rarely drive on the right hand side anymore, and not even in Studebaker's days.
      Quote from the ad "Car was made in USA for Canada or abroad, thus the right hand drive.(factory)"
      still, nicely equipped car V8, TT, overdrive, AC

Comment

if the "body is sound (suface rust)...", as advertised in description, why did the floorboards need to be replaced? Hmmm.....

Comment

There's no rear view mirror on the right (drivers) side. That's a good sign it was used to deliver mail. I didn't see the tale-tell scratches on the right front fender though.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I wish I had the garage space for it!
            My father and aunt both delivered the mail, though not in Studebakers. Would love to have a Rural Router and a Zip Van in the collection!

Maybe someone can enjoy it a few years while I save up for that garage!

Comment

Each time that car comes up I think, how convenient, just bring the trusty tow dolly to the IM and haul 'er back!
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
                There's no rear view mirror on the right (drivers) side. That's a good sign it was used to deliver mail. I didn't see the tale-tell scratches on the right front fender though.
                Why do you think there should be scratches on the right fender? Not all of us Rural Carriers scrape the mail boxes! (But it does leave nasty marks when you pull away and the lid falls open!) Thought about having a Rural Router Stude to use on the route in nice weather, but I'd probably spend too much time splainin to my customers what a Studebaker is, let alone why the steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!! :-)
                Guess I'll just stick with my RHD Cherokees. JS
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

oooh, Bob, I love it!

Comment

my 1st thought was this would be a nice project for our aussie friends, however i suppose the shipping would be a killer... cost the same to ship a perfectly good one or a rust bucket. but would the cost savings for it already being a right hander make up for part of the shipping cost?
                    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by gohdes View Post
                      if the "body is sound (suface rust)...", as advertised in description, why did the floorboards need to be replaced? Hmmm.....
                      You're probably right, the outer body likely has some rust issues....but not necessarily. I have a '63 Champ cab from Arizona that has a perfect outer body but the floors needed replacement as they apparently held dirt & moisture. Could possibly be that the Champ and this car had rubber floor covering that held moisture against the floorboards.
                      sigpic
                      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                        oooh, Bob, I love it!
                        ?? Love what??
                        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                          ?? Love what??
                          First time I saw that avitar I tried to swat the bug on my screen!
                          Tough little critter, ain't it!

Comment

The bug, Bob, the bug!! And I don't mean no VW. That is soooo neat! And I so apologize for feeling like the thread has been hijacked........................

Comment

The floor rust was fixed by laying sheet metal over the rust. The trunk floor and side are also very rusty.

Comment

Working...
                              X