57 S/P Showroom Fabric Book on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 S/P Showroom Fabric Book on eBay

I would love to have this very impressive book, but I'm on a no-buy policy for now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1957-...item3f074ade99
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Wow, that is a fancy book! Opening bid is low, but it WILL go up!

One thing that a potential buyer of one of these books needs to be aware of (and probably not be an issue with this one), is the paint chip pages sticking together. I bought an otherwise very decent '63 Dealer Fact book with upholstery and paint chips off of eBay. When I got it, I found the paint chip pages were stuck together and would tear when I tried to separate them. (The seller said nothing in the ad about this problem, and did not respond to emails. This was back when the seller could still 'negative' the buyer in retribution for a negative, so I finally decided to suck it up and move on. I have not bought anything else from this seller tho.......)

Anyway, a good question to ask is whether any of the paint chip are stuck together.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Yes...price will go up...I paid $150 for mine

Comment

Really nice - my No Buy policy means No Money Policy!!! Gee, that is a really nice book. Back when I worked for an AMC Dealer we would just chuck them in the garbage when the new models came out; if I had only used my brain!!!
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

What's amazing about this is the sheer range of colors, fabrics and combinations that were offered to the buying public - and we got to choose! Now you just have to take what happens to be on the lot.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Paul, when I bought my '63 showroom album from a guy in MA a decade or more ago, my paint chips were stuck together too, and no mention whatsoever of this from the seller, whose initials were "CC". That's all I'll say!

On a side note, I think the '63 album looks like it was really rushed together. It's full of errors...airbrushed photos of Custom models that didn't exist; saying Daytonas came standard with bucket seats; showing a Custom and calling it a Regal and/or vice-versa; stuff like that. The front (introductory) page says that the Truck Section would be forthcoming, yet I've heard there never was a truck section. I much-prefer the '64 album, even though the Lark-types are drawings instead of actual photos.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
              What's amazing about this is the sheer range of colors, fabrics and combinations that were offered to the buying public - and we got to choose! Now you just have to take what happens to be on the lot.
              Right on about interiors!

In 1995 I almost bought a new Dakota pickup; just fell in love with the design. I looked past the fact that it wasn't any cheaper or any better gas mileage than a comparably equipped full-size, but the deal breaker was the lack of interior color choices There was one cloth in grey or tan- and that was it.

Of course, I'm not complaining, kept me from getting a loan for a truck I didn't need

As an aside, I went to the Syracuse Auto Expo last night, which has all the new models in two connected buildings. I can say I was amazed at the current selection of interiors and color choices all makes offer! (of course, I only can speak about the American brand names, which is all I pay attention to). I came away very excited about the lineups of ALL THREE American brands; but that's a story for another thread...
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I'M NOT THE OWNER. E mailed owner. Asked if paint chip pages were stuck together. He claims all pages are free and able to open, including paint chip pages. Book is complete.
                And NO ! I'M NOT THE OWNER ! Nor do I know them. I just emailed them, I was as curious as anyone. NOTE THAT I AM NOT THE OWNER.
                South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
                  I'M NOT THE OWNER. E mailed owner. Asked if paint chip pages were stuck together. He claims all pages are free and able to open, including paint chip pages. Book is complete.
                  And NO ! I'M NOT THE OWNER ! Nor do I know them. I just emailed them, I was as curious as anyone. NOTE THAT I AM NOT THE OWNER.
                  Where did you get the book? How long have you owned it? Do you have any for other years?
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I am in the bidding. Thanks for the lead Bob. We will have to see how it goes. I too am limited on funds.

Comment

Bob, You owe me a new laptop. I tried swatting that bug!
                      Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                      50 Champion 2 door*
                      53 Commander K Auto*
                      53 Commander K overdrive*
                      55 President Speedster
                      62 GT 4Speed*
                      63 Avanti R1*
                      64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Bug? What bug??
                        Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I just cracked my screen trying to kill a bug.
                          sigpic
                          55 President Deluxe
                          64 Commander
                          66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Geeze, I'm glad I'm not the only one getting "bugged" out here.......

If someone else has this book, could you guys send me a message? I am curious if anyone can photocopy the '57 Clipper stuff.........
                            Dylan Wills
                            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                            X