Used car lot Studebaker find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used car lot Studebaker find

A friend of mine called me about a bunch of Studebakers that had appeared on a used car lot nearby. So, naturally I had to check it out. I drove about 10 miles west of Martinsburg, WV on WV highway 9 and sure 'nuff, there was a modest Studebaker stash sitting proudly(?) on a used car lot. First in view was a '55 Champion 4-door then a 2R5 truck. A little to the side were two '51 Champion four-doors. On glancing across the road to the rest of the lot I saw a '55 Commander coupe. All the cars appeared to be reasonably decent with little or no rust. Apparently there are parts stashes that go with each car. I didn't see anyone to talk to, but it looks as if it was someone's collection. I also didn't look to hard because (1) it was cold and (2) my wife was in the car,
    Here are the two '51s. I'll post more pictures in individual posts to keep the post sizes down.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Bumped this up to make more sense of the related posts.
    Supposedly the car lot owner's brother also has two Studebakers, a '60 Lark and a '61 Cruiser, both in nice shape, but missing the engines. I didn't see them nor do I know exactly where they are.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Looks like $3k for both

http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/ctd/2208823825.html

Comment

Originally posted by StudeSchack View Post
        I didn't know about the craigslist when I posted. Yes, two for $3,000. However, I thought the "parts" car looked better than the two-tone one. Both appear to be overdrive equipped and the "parts' car is a Regal while the two-tone is a Deluxe.

Comment

What is all that white stuff on the ground around the cars???
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

West Virginia clouds.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
              And you're from Minnesota???

Comment

Looks like the "parts car" is a black-plate California car. Tht could be good news.
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

And you're from Minnesota???
                  In Minnesota, they don't even call that snow. If you had been in a REAL Minnesota snowstorm, you'd know why.

Comment

Working...
                  X