any experts on 61-64 V8 hawks?,need to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any experts on 61-64 V8 hawks?,need to know

why all dual exhaust pipes are the same for 61-64 hawks,except for the right rear exhaust !what's over there that would change this pipe?
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
    why all dual exhaust pipes are the same for 61-64 hawks,except for the right rear exhaust !what's over there that would change this pipe?
    Full flow filter ?
    JDP Maryland

Comment

What JDP said, also if equipped with the underseat heater that may make a difference.

Joe
      sigpic

1962 Daytona
      1964 Cruiser
      And a few others

Comment

According to Stude nomenclature, the rear exhaust is the pipe in front of the muffler. ie head pipe, rear pipe, muffler, tail pipe.
        They (Studebaker) got rid of the underseat heater on the passenger side starting in 63. So maybe it has something to do with that?
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

'Not sure I understand the question, Joe.

The Right Rear Exhaust Pipe is, technically, the long pipe directly in front of the right muffler (passenger side; domestic-production cars).

The parts books says all C and K bodies from 1959-1964 use Part/Pipe #1545259 in that location; no difference from one year to the next. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If you are talking about the tail pipe, I seem to remember the lower gravel deflector changed some time back then, so maybe to clear that?
            Also, they changed the gas tank mounts and got rid of the spring.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks Bob, I was useing a old N/A catalog and they have it two diff. pipes.
              Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              'Not sure I understand the question, Joe.

The Right Rear Exhaust Pipe is, technically, the long pipe directly in front of the right muffler (passenger side; domestic-production cars).

The parts books says all C and K bodies from 1959-1964 use Part/Pipe #1545259 in that location; no difference from one year to the next. BP
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
              X