X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    I have a chance to buy a DG200 automatic from a '55 Prez. I'm a fan of the DG trans and this one is first gear start. Will it bolt up and work behind a later Stude in place of a FlightOMatic?
    If it is a true '55 Prez. transmission it wll be a DG 250M with first gear start. When these were common, they were often used in place of other transmissions. The 1953 Commander Starliner that I had the longest, had a 1962 259 V8 with a DG 250M that I installed in it. It was/is a very nice driver.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Well that answers that. Thanks Brad.

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    No, yes, maybe...sort of.....
    Bell housing, and torque converter,starter(unless it is rare early 56 12 volt) you wll have 6 volt ring gear on DG trans. mounts are different, and of course, after 57 (58 and up) you will have long tail shaft on the trans. Flight-o-matic is a stronger transmission. Bands hold less force than clutch packs.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    started a topic Auto Trans Interchange

Auto Trans Interchange

I have a chance to buy a DG200 automatic from a '55 Prez. I'm a fan of the DG trans and this one is first gear start. Will it bolt up and work behind a later Stude in place of a FlightOMatic?
Working...
X