Picture Based Tech Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture Based Tech Articles

How cool would it be to have a technical section with illustrated, (by pictures) step by step technical advice on the forum?

We have a lot already on the " Tech tips spes and data, thanks to Bob Johnstone.
    Is tha what you are talking about?

Comment

Hi StudeMichael,

Great idea! Fire it up. You can set up those articles on your web server with all the info and pics. Then all you have to do is give the SDC web master the title and URL link. He'll add it to the Tech Tips page. It would be great if you did that. There are quite a few articles already posted but I'd like to see more. I've put some articles up there myself. Best regards.

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/techtips.asp

Henry Votel
      Forest Lake, MN
      Henry Votel,
      Forest Lake, MN
      Buying & Selling Studebaker Parts in MN & WI

Comment

Sort of like scanning the shop manuals? That's been done but they are only available from Studebaker vendors for a fee, which they've earned for their efforts.
        SDC Web Master could, with some great effort and web space, load all those to the Tech Tips page but, to what end?
        There are already humongous tons of information available through the links on the SDC Home Page and there doesn't seem to be a huge percentage of Forum members who have chosen to explore it.

I will often offer newbies direct links to these resources but occasionally feel peeved when I get the impression we just want answers with no effort or expense on our part.

Rant over.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Check the link Henry posted. Already several tech articles with pictures. Always room for more if you have one.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truthlet me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

The SDC tech tips section on the home page is exactly what I was thinking. I did not know it existed. The article on Avanti hog trough replacement is a perfect example of what I have seen on other forums but in the technical forum section as opposed to a link on the home page.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              That's been done but they are only available from Studebaker vendors for a fee, which they've earned for their efforts.
              I have created probably close to a hundred tech articles now around the web for
              Studebaker, Avanti, Impala SS, Pontiac GTO/Monaro, and a few year Camaros.

I havent made a dime from it. My OptiSpark thread on the Impala SS forum has
              over 60 thousand reads. Imagine if each person gave me just a dollar on Paypal?

http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/For...TOPIC_ID=30984

Tom
              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
              http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

As a newb, I was in the same boat as Studemichael. Had my bookmark set for the forum, not the home page and completely missed the tech info. I think a sticky on the tech forum referring to the tech articles would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                  The SDC tech tips section on the home page is exactly what I was thinking. I did not know it existed.
                  In late 2004 I bought my first Studebaker. When I got it home I simply googled 'Studebaker' and that's how I found this forum. I was here quite some time before I found out there was a 'Tech' Page, or any other parts of the SDC website for that matter.

At least you found it now...

Originally posted by sbca96 View Post
                  My OptiSpark thread on the Impala SS forum has
                  over 60 thousand reads. Imagine if each person gave me just a dollar on Paypal?
                  Worth it, Tom! I'd be in for a dollar. Maybe two!
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truthlet me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I not only find the 'Tech Tips' of great help, I copy and collate many of the threads on the forum. The information in some of the older Stude heads in here is amazing.
                    Matt
                    Brisbane
                    Australia
                    sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Working...
                    X