1963 avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 avanti

My wheel is cracked causing a slow tire leak. I wish to get two wheels. Are the Avanti wheels unique to Avanti or would other Studebaker wheels work? R. David

Originally posted by rdavidjones View Post
    My wheel is cracked causing a slow tire leak. I wish to get two wheels. Are the Avanti wheels unique to Avanti or would other Studebaker wheels work? R. David

The Avanti wheel is the wider, disk brake wheel.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Avanti wheels are 15 x 5 .. all other Studebakers are 15 x 4.5.

Tom
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Here is some info from Bob Johnstone's website:

http://www.studebaker-info.org/text3/avwhls.txt

Comment

rdavid..
          Are the wheels on your origional? If so they are not rated for "radial" tires and may be the reason for the crack... Most have changed over to later Ford or Chrysler wheels because of that.. I would change the whole set out..
          My (soon to be new to me) Avanti has already had this done..
          Ron Husak
          Conifer, CO

Ron Husak
          Conifer, CO
          Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
          63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

The Avanti wheels, along with the other disc brake wheels, are different than "normal" Studebaker wheels/rims. If you want to stay with original, I have a good used one. You don't indicate where you are. Shipping would cost as much as the wheel.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
              The Avanti wheels, along with the other disc brake wheels, are different than "normal" Studebaker wheels/rims. If you want to stay with original, I have a good used one. You don't indicate where you are. Shipping would cost as much as the wheel.
              Because of shipping, it may be easier/cheaper to get some of the later Ford wheels locally...they should be fairly easy to find.
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Jon Myer buys a lot of Avanti wells as other Stude owners like to use them over Turner brake conversion. If you don't mind the pricer option he takes them and they are blasted to clean and then powdered coated or painted to you specific desire. I have a set of 5 factory Avanti wheels that I have promised him, so I know he has them in stock.
                sigpic
                John
                63R-2386
                Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

John, this maybe a duplicate response. Do you have Jon's email or contact information regarding Avanti wheels? R. David Jones

Comment

Working...
                  X