SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

yah, it's difficult to keep track of all these ebay and craigslist threads. You look at the date of the posting (on ebay or craigslist) and notice it was just posted today, and you think you have the bead on something new. ...Then you find out it has been re-posted many times over and discussed right under your nose. Its kinda frustrating. I just did that last week, posted an ebay ad that was a 'fresh post' only to find out it is 'freshly posted' every week. Ah well, you win some and you lose some.

Comment

Sorry, my software does not know it was relisted, it just tells me when shows up every time and I missed the forum post .
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Post away !!!
          Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
          So we heard just five days ago~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...arts-car-in-KS

StudeDave '57
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It's not really the same ad...same parts, but last week's ad was $4k, this weeks ad is $1k

...and their still fishing on EBAY

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
              Sorry, my software does not know it was relisted, it just tells me when shows up every time and I missed the forum post .
              No worries JDP. But you know if it wasn't me, someone was bound to call you on it...

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
              Post away !!!
              Uhhhh, what?

Originally posted by StudeSchack View Post
              It's not really the same ad...same parts, but last week's ad was $4k, this weeks ad is $1k ...and their still fishing on EBAY
              But it is the same car, is it not? Now it would seem to (maybe) be an even better deal~ if you're into 'kit cars' that is!!!!

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Not thinking about a kit car, just at least a grand worth of parts to fix a rust bucket example.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                  Not thinking about a kit car, just at least a grand worth of parts to fix a rust bucket example.
                  Absolutely. As I said in the original thread, the early Lark NOS fenders alone have been selling for $1K/pair. The used ones look decent, should be worth $100-200/pair. And that's not counting all the rest! If it can actually be had for a grand it's stealing if you're within driving distance.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                    the early Lark NOS fenders alone have been selling for $1K/pair. The used ones look decent, should be worth $100-200/pair. And that's not counting all the rest! If it can actually be had for a grand it's stealing if you're within driving distance.
                    What are the new front fenders worth if they are fiberglass instead of steel? The seller quoted me part numbers that match up to the 1994 NA catalog I have that the fiberglass ones were $150 ea back then. Is there that much of a market for the fiberglass ones or does everybody just want the steel ones.

I'm about 30 miles away and have been tempted. I have room for the loose parts but don't have anyplace to go with the main body/frame.
                    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
                      What are the new front fenders worth if they are fiberglass instead of steel? The seller quoted me part numbers that match up to the 1994 NA catalog I have that the fiberglass ones were $150 ea back then. Is there that much of a market for the fiberglass ones or does everybody just want the steel ones.

I'm about 30 miles away and have been tempted. I have room for the loose parts but don't have anyplace to go with the main body/frame.
                      Maybe $300-$400 pair if they glass.
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                      X