Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have any history on 1963 Avanti R1 VIN 63R2032...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It jumps from 30 to 38

Comment

Thanks for checking.
      Originally posted by Alan View Post
      It jumps from 30 to 38
      edp/NC
      \'63 Avanti
      \'66 Commander

Comment

Twilight Zone...? After doing a little research, the guy Mr. Woody used to talk to me about years ago was "Truett Ray" of Raleigh, NC. According to his current website, he deserted the Studebaker ranks back in the 1970s for BMW's. So apparently there was a "Ray Truett" in Durham and a "Truett Ray" next door in Raleigh, NC that were Studebaker owners back in the 1970s. Someone sent me a note that they believe Ray Truett has been deceased for 25+ years. There's nothing on the internet about him.

Nothing like trying to track down history and details of Studebaker ownership. Anyway, I'm totally confused now... yeehah.
        edp/NC
        \'63 Avanti
        \'66 Commander

Comment

There is neither Truett Ray nor Ray Truett in the 2008-2009 SDC Roster.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks. That's precisely what I'd expect since Ray Truett is reported deceased and Truett Ray (of Raleigh) says on his website; "Don't call about Studebaker parts. That was a whole lifetime ago."

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            There is neither Truett Ray nor Ray Truett in the 2008-2009 SDC Roster.
            edp/NC
            \'63 Avanti
            \'66 Commander

Comment

There's a discrepancy here. The last time the title was transferred was 1973. And Ray Truett's name does not appear anywhere. Verified the title # versus VIN # and they match.

It was owned by Ray A. Truett Rt. 6 Box 178-C Durham NC 27703 in 1977.
              edp/NC
              \'63 Avanti
              \'66 Commander

Comment

It is here in my 76 Roster too.

Comment

I think going by the title would be more accurate. I think it's more likely the AOAI roster would be incorrect...lack of updating by a member, car sold and new owner not an AOAI member, etc. That doesn't mean Ray Truett didn't own the car at one time, and was still listed as the owner in the roster.
                  Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

It is here in my 76 Roster too.
                    I recognize some names from that partial listing.
                    I also note that one owner lives on Cadillac Avenue and another on Clement Street.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X