• Show
Clear All

• tutone63
    replied
    Eh, GS, not GS, Thats a minor issue!

Leave a comment:

• mausersmth
    replied
    About the brake shoes, I was able to find a local rebuilder who promised next day service on my rear shoes.
    Look for shops in your area that do commercial clutch and brake relining.

Leave a comment:

• Drummerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by studefan View Post
    Watch out. Looks like the Pink Panther is trying to steal that nose piece off the front of the 41 (see third picture).
    Actually, I think he's trying to get the hood open!

Leave a comment:

• studefan
    replied
    Watch out. Looks like the Pink Panther is trying to steal that nose piece off the front of the 41 (see third picture).

Leave a comment:

• Drummerboy
    replied
    Yes, tutone 63, it is a 71 Riv, although NOT a GS. Still, fast with class!

Leave a comment:

• tutone63
    replied
    Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Is that the rear end of a 1971 Buick Riv??!! (I saw the louvres on the decklid) Those are my only dream car over Studebakers! (sorry guys, but those Rivs are my first love). I have coveted one of those for over 15 years! (I'm only 29...so over half my life) A 1971 Riviera GS is and always will be my top on the list of my 'someday' car.
    Last edited by tutone63; 02-18-2011, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    You could also go to a good graphic artist and have stickers made for the lettering in the bumper. They work great. I used them on my hubcaps and they look great. There are several you can find that are already made. I don't know if anyone makes them for your application.

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    The 'key' lock was on the passenger side, but the drivers door and the passenger door could be 'locked' by pushing the handle forward until it hit the lock detent.
    That way the vehicle could be completely locked, but only opened with a key from the passenger side.

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
    The lock is only on the passenger side because back in the day common practice was to enter and exit the car from the curb side... safer than standing in the street to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Drummerboy
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00462 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1667268Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00463 (Medium).JPG
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	1667269Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00464 (Medium).JPG
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	1667270
    Hi all
    Well, she's in her new home. I have attached a photo. Right now I am trying to source rear shoes and front and rear cylinders for her (41 Commander) so that she can pass the provincial safety test. I have tried Studebaker Int'l and, while they have many parts, they seem to want the old shoes first before they will send new ones. Just not practical at the moment. Are there shoes/cylinders from other models/makes that would fit? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 02-18-2011, 05:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    The ASC focuses entirely on pre-WWII Studebakers, while SDC honors all Stude vehicles. So ASC might be more appropriate for your car, but SDC is much larger and provides many more services. I'd recommend you join both.
    Perhaps you would be best with the cavet of, 'pre-WWII Studebaker automobiles," as I doubt very much the ASC does very much for the Studebaker wagons and carriages. Gee... maybe that's another sub-club to investigate... perhaps with a connection to the American Driving Society or Carriage Association Of America? After all, Studebaker made horse-drawn vehicles for over fifty years before they made Automobiles (or horseless carriages, gas buggies, etc...).

By the by, welcome to the madness, Brian! Your old girl looks like a real beauty! You should have a lot of fun with her up there in Beautiful British Columbia!

Leave a comment:

• studelark
    replied
    Brian; You've received good advice on the club picture. I, too, am a member of both SDC and ASC for a number of years (39 years for SDC). They are different clubs, a different emphasis and focus, and different services. Some activities are co-joined, but each has a different format to offer members. I vote with the others- join both. The magazines are worth the fees.

Welcome to Studedom and to the forum. We welcome you. Most of all- HAVE FUN!!!

Frank Drumheller
    Locust Grove, VA
    60S-W6
    1948 M16-52 Boyer-bodied fire truck
    Last edited by studelark; 02-08-2011, 05:18 PM. Reason: an omission

Leave a comment:

• Drummerboy
    replied
    Thanks, all, for the info re SDC and ASC. Looks like I'll be filling out my membership application for the ASC, too, and mailing it off this week. As a Studebaker newbie, these sources of info along with the expertise in this forum will be invaluable.

I will post again when she's parked in the garage.

Cheers!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    The ASC focuses entirely on pre-WWII Studebakers, while SDC honors all Stude vehicles. So ASC might be more appropriate for your car, but SDC is much larger and provides many more services. I'd recommend you join both.
    Echo, Echo, Echo.

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Welcome

to the Forum and the SDC Brian! Good to see another "BC'er" on board.

Leave a comment:

• Skip Lackie
    replied
    Originally posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Thanks to all for the info.

Is there also an advantage to joining both the SDC and the Antique Studebaker Club?

Cheers!

Brian

Cheers!
    Brian

Leave a comment:

Working...
X