Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loaded trailer full of Studebakers.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by JDP View Post
    1954 3R11 pickup, big six/OD. long bed.
    Gosh John, wish I'd have been the one that found that one. What a beauty! Looks like the one my brother had back in '75. Well... except Blaine's had a painted grille and front bumper. Still, yours is an exceptionally nice one. All the best on the sale of these cars. I take it they're all on this side of the continent, just being moved over to Sal's place? The shipping from your end of the country would be a killer!
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
      Gosh John, wish I'd have been the one that found that one. What a beauty! Looks like the one my brother had back in '75. Well... except Blaine's had a painted grille and front bumper. Still, yours is an exceptionally nice one. All the best on the sale of these cars. I take it they're all on this side of the continent, just being moved over to Sal's place? The shipping from your end of the country would be a killer!
      They are staying with Sal. BTW, the chrome grill is not stock, but could be painted. It's als been upgraded to a two barrel carb.
      JDP Maryland

      Comment


      • #18
        BERMUDA BROWN !!....Looks just like my first car except for the trunk lid trim....mine was a '65 Cruiser in Bermuda Brown handed down to me to commute to college in 1969 when the family bought a new Che*y Impala. Drove that car everywhere for 3 years til I graduated and HAD to have a Mustang. Biggest regret ever letting that cruiser go. Even tried a few years later to buy it back but no luck. Then it disappeared.
        \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
        \'64 Daytona HT

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JDP View Post
          They are staying with Sal. BTW, the chrome grill is not stock, but could be painted. It's als been upgraded to a two barrel carb.
          I would love to see how they did that 2 Barrel carb. swap and what they used. I have been wanting to do that to our '60 Champ 245 Pickup, it has never had any top end power with that tiny one barrel. Maybe Sal will show us a few Pics.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            I would love to see how they did that 2 Barrel carb. swap and what they used. I have been wanting to do that to our '60 Champ 245 Pickup, it has never had any top end power with that tiny one barrel. Maybe Sal will show us a few Pics.
            I think he used a adapter and he used a cable throttle, but we'll get back to you.
            JDP Maryland

            Comment


            • #21


              While you are on the subject of Bermuda Brown Studebakers, the Daytona I bought from the Williams estate, a bit rusty but cheap.
              Brian Greenall
              Melbourne, OZ
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post


                While you are on the subject of Bermuda Brown Studebakers, the Daytona I bought from the Williams estate, a bit rusty but cheap.
                True, Brian, but IIRC, that is the very last 1964 Daytona convertible built in South Bend, correct, Serial #64V20073, right? Worthy of far more consideration than 'most others, and you are fortunate to have it; that it survives at all! BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

                Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

                G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

                Comment


                • #23
                  JDP..
                  Looks like a nice truck.. Is it as good as it looks? What are you going to ask for it?
                  Ron Husak
                  Conifer, CO

                  Originally posted by JDP View Post
                  1954 3R11 pickup, big six/OD. long bed.
                  Ron Husak
                  Conifer, CO
                  Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
                  63 avanti R2 63R-2648

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    our '60 Champ 245 Pickup, it has never had any top end power with that tiny one barrel.
                    FWIW, the 2bbl bolted on the stock 1-bbl intake will only help a very little bit. The Commander engine is a 4-3/4"-stroke 1930s flathead design and literally everything is a top end bottleneck.

                    If you want more power, a turbocharger is your answer. (Yes, DD was right about a few things ;>)

                    jack vines
                    PackardV8

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ronhusak View Post
                      JDP..
                      Looks like a nice truck.. Is it as good as it looks? What are you going to ask for it?
                      Ron Husak
                      Conifer, CO
                      We are not sure yet, until we get finished with it, but it will probably be north of 6K.
                      JDP Maryland

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                        FWIW, the 2bbl bolted on the stock 1-bbl intake will only help a very little bit. The Commander engine is a 4-3/4"-stroke 1930s flathead design and literally everything is a top end bottleneck.

                        If you want more power, a turbocharger is your answer. (Yes, DD was right about a few things ;>)

                        jack vines
                        It may not add much HP, but Pat said it made it run a lot nicer and did not hurt the fuel economy.
                        JDP Maryland

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by JDP View Post
                          We had these hauled to Sal's this AM for ebay prep.
                          John - That is a truck loaded, not a "loaded trailer". It is a straight truck with ramps, not a truck/tractor with trailer.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

                          SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Since you've been out to see the Williams estate, what did you think of the `62 Hawk GT's that are listed on Hemmings, particular the gun metal grey one?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              FWIW, all four cars drove off the truck with very little trouble. They all seem to have brakes that work well and each car started from a long slumber with just a one second shot of nitrous..... I mean, ether. The lights worked and I drove each one into the barn and parked them in the reverse order from which they will emerge. Truck first, Brown Cruiser second, 62 2 door third and the 50 Champion last. The Champion needs a little attention under the hood. Hopefully we'll see the truck tomorrow.
                              sals54

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                                FWIW, all four cars drove off the truck with very little trouble. They all seem to have brakes that work well....
                                Sal, that would be especially significant for the '64 Cruiser. I saw the car exactly nine years ago, in June 2002, when Lee and Debbie DeLaBarre drove it to an SDC Chapter meeting in Warren IN. IIRC, it has factory disc brakes, right? That being the case, and as much as they cost to fix, it is important they are still working well! BP
                                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

                                Ayn Rand:
                                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

                                G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X