Another re-plating post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another re-plating post

Just received a chrome hood ornament back today after sending it out to another plater after the first one tried two times to plate it. This guy fixed the others screw ups and it is show quality now. Very nice piece and not much difference in the money.
    It was --
    Custom Metal Finishing Indiana, LLC in Hagerstown, IN
    I highly recommend them.
    64 Champ long bed V8
    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

http://www.chromeplatingin.com/

Comment

I had good luck with Quality Chrome Plating in Sterling, Il. Did good work but has a busy schedule.

Comment

Todd LiBrandi near Harrisburg, PA has a solid reputation. He quoted a price on the grills for my '53 but, after the blasting, he indicated they were too far gone for him. A couple of worm holes went all the way through. He recommended Pot Metal Restorations in Tallahassee, FL.
        I sent them there and they came back better than original but, for that kind of money, I detected a minor flaw in one that bothered me. Sent it back and they redid it at no charge.

Our own Jerry Forrester has also done excellent work for me. I mention Pot Metal Restorations just to let you know that, when a piece is too far gone, all is not necessarily lost. It just ain't free.
        Last edited by rockne10; 02-04-2011, 05:49 PM.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I'll second LiBrandi's Plating, EXCELLENT work, prices are fair, and you get what you pay for! QUALITY work.

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

I offer high quality die cast restoration & plating and can handle cracks, missing chunks & pits, but the extra labor will increase price & turn around time.
            www.studebakersite.com
            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

I offer high quality die cast re-plating & can handle pits, cracks & even missing chunks, but the extra services on rough parts will increase cost & turn around time.
              www.studebakersite.com
              Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
              X