55 Studebaker Dream Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Studebaker Dream Car

This has probably been posted before. If it has my apologies. If you haven't seen this, it is pretty cool. Ahead
    of his time

http://books.google.com/books?id=jd8...page&q&f=false
    Working on old cars separates the men from the golfers.

I've never seen that before! Thank you for posting!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I have seen the story before, pretty amazing! The Instructor is from my Alma Mater, El camino College!

A bit before my time there however.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I seem to recall reading about that car before (probably IN the Popular Mechanix magazine). When I think about it -- doesn't it seem like so many "Visions of the Future" were thought of and actually made in the Fabulous Fifties? I scrolled up and down in the content of the magazine herewith and there is so much wonderful history "In the making" going on back then. I liked the article about a Highway Patrolman who welded two hoods together from 1948 'automobiles' and made a very nice boat! Cost him $12.00.
        JimsLeadCommander

Comment

Uh OH! Don't let Chris Dresbach see that "Wheeled litter for rescue work" in the link.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Also on page 78 it has a report on 1958 Scotsmans, what people think about it.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Very cool. With all that devised in '55, I wonder what took Google so long to develop their driverless cars.

On a side note, the lady on page 99 seems really, really happy about item #6 in the "What's New for Your Home" article.
              Andy
              62 GT

Comment

Working...
              X