Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide White Candy

336 Studebaker President V8 (1956) by robertknight16, on Flickr

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Just imagine if that car had red wall tires! No such thing? Pitty....
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I hope the Photographer's real job is NOT an Accountant! He is not too good with numbers. President engines were: 259, 289 and a 352 with 210 HP?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There was a brand of tire back in the late 50s that had color on the outside of the tire, but I think it also had a wide whitewall. There was a blue Cadillac (early 50s) with blue ones.
        Klif
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          I hope the Photographer's real job is NOT an Accountant! He is not too good with numbers. President engines were: 259, 289 and a 352 with 210 HP?
          Rich, I've posted some of this guy's pix before. I think his naming convention is to put his negative number or series number at the front of the post title. He's not referring to C.I. there

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I think the whitewalls are to wide for a '56 car. The tires on the Champion behind it seem to be the kind he needs.
            Fred

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Studeguru View Post
              I think the whitewalls are to wide for a '56 car. The tires on the Champion behind it seem to be the kind he needs.
              Yeah. Way too much white going on here.

Terry

Comment

Actually, I don't think it's a President. Looks more like a Commander.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                  Actually, I don't think it's a President. Looks more like a Commander.
                  Rog
                  Looks like a 1956 President to me. It is not a President Classic, or Commander or Champion.
                  I also go along with the statement that the whitewalls are too wide for 1956.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Ah, StudeRich, have you forgotten the REAL President 8: the 1928-33 STRAIGHT 8 engines with 336 cu inches? But, where did someone come up with the idea that the car in the picture was a 336?
                    Gary Ash
                    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                    '48 M5
                    '65 Wagonaire Commander
                    '63 Wagonaire Standard
                    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

210 H.P. 352 in a President?

OK Clark, I caught you "skimming"!
                      I bet you are a very good, FAST skimmer, that is one thing that makes a good Moderator. However if you click on the text it goes to his Flickr website that says all this erroneous info, it isn't the Pic #.

Quote Robert Knight of England: "336 Studebaker President V8 (1956)
                      Studebaker President V8 (1956) Introduced in 1956 under the banner craftsmanship with flair the President V8 offered a choice of three V8 engines, 259, 289, and 352 Ci which with the four barrelled carburettor gave 210 bhp. The President now had 12 volt electrics and a dual exhaust exiting through the rear bumper and a new cyclops eye speed-o-meter sat above the main panel. Shot at the Rally of the Giants, Knebworth 18.07.09 ref. 43-336"

Rog, what you are seeing is a "W" Body 116 in. W/B President 4 Dr., they look a lot different than a Commander, because of the Dual body side Mouldings with that cool two-tone Paint scheme.

But it is NOT a long wheelbase 120 1/2 in. W/B President Classic, that would be a "Y" Body, NOT available on Champions & Commanders except Fleet Vehicles.
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 02-01-2011, 12:32 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by garyash View Post
                        Ah, StudeRich, have you forgotten the REAL President 8: the 1928-33 STRAIGHT 8 engines with 336 cu inches? But, where did someone come up with the idea that the car in the picture was a 336?
                        The Flickr ID starts with 336 (the picture posters ID for the image).
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary,
                          I stand corrected. Yes, I was thinking of the President Classic.
                          I feel much better now.
                          Rog
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

These guys think the tires are JUST RIGHT!

When's the next parade?
                            Andy
                            62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                              Just imagine if that car had red wall tires! No such thing? Pitty....
                              Diamond Back will do red, blue or gold, as well as white.
                              Question is, do you want them enough to buy a set?

Comment

Working...
                              X