More on Continental Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More on Continental Kits

JohnnyWiffer had posted that he had an original brochure for a '53 Stude aftermarket Continental kit. He emailed me a copy, and here are all 7 pages of it...

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ddstnkmp...60762400337748

Neat stuff!!

Here's one interesting page...

One of the selling points was that you would get more trunk space with the spare out of the trunk.

Then, unlike this guy, you wouldn't have to leave your big Johnson behind.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

I'll bet I was one of the few in our club that actually camped in my dad's car.

The last one he had was a 1963 GT (I still have it!!), and my brother and I used to sleep in the car. (reclining seats)

Anyway, to your point, my brother bought a car top boat, and its 1959 5.5 Fisherman Evinrude fit in the trunk along with ALL of the gear. My dad was a magician at making all of the luggage disappear into that trunk.

I have trouble with our van and one seat removed. Go figure.

Paul 55s

Comment

I'll bet I was one of the few in our club that actually camped in my dad's car.

The last one he had was a 1963 GT (I still have it!!), and my brother and I used to sleep in the car. (reclining seats)

Anyway, to your point, my brother bought a car top boat, and its 1959 5.5 Fisherman Evinrude fit in the trunk along with ALL of the gear. My dad was a magician at making all of the luggage disappear into that trunk.

I have trouble with our van and one seat removed. Go figure.

Paul 55s

Comment

Working...
      X