New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jet Green Daytona View Post
    Ron, I listen to bad advice too! I am already running a carburetor that is too big, an Edelbrock performer 600 CFM, I am sure a 500 cfm would be adequate on the 289, the problem is it runs pretty good, so I can't get myself to spend money on something I might not need when I can spend it on something I do need. Of course the thought process is always going on in my head, I have a 71 El Camino with a 350 that I really need to put together and get on the road, so I can always put the 600 cfm on the 350 and get the 500 for the Studebaker.

Todd
    Todd..
    That would be what I would do.. The 350 could much more easily handle the extra CFM's..
    Ron
    Ron Husak
    Conifer, CO
    Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
    63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Originally posted by ronhusak View Post
      Todd..
      That would be what I would do.. The 350 could much more easily handle the extra CFM's..
      Ron
      I have a few pluses for that train of thought too, the stock original carb on the 350 already has issues. I know I can rebuild it, but I will still have a stock carb, and I already bought an Edelbrock Performer RPM air gap manifold for the 350 when that manifold first came out, so it will be a perfect match for the 600 cfm performer carb. I just got the newest Edelbrock catalogue and they are offering a "new" finish on their carbs, its called the vintage finish, it looks just like it sounds, like a factory 60's finished carb, and they also come in black which to me would be a good match with the black intake on the Stude.

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Green Daytona View Post
        I have a few pluses for that train of thought too, the stock original carb on the 350 already has issues. I know I can rebuild it, but I will still have a stock carb, and I already bought an Edelbrock Performer RPM air gap manifold for the 350 when that manifold first came out, so it will be a perfect match for the 600 cfm performer carb. I just got the newest Edelbrock catalogue and they are offering a "new" finish on their carbs, its called the vintage finish, it looks just like it sounds, like a factory 60's finished carb, and they also come in black which to me would be a good match with the black intake on the Stude.

Todd
        Todd..
        Black might look nice.. But when I first saw them I had to wonder how long they would look that good.. Mine after it was overhauled looked brand new.. But in very short order was stained but the alcohol laced fuel mad it look old pretty darned quick.. But it looked impressive when first installed..
        Ron
        Ron Husak
        Conifer, CO
        Living at 9200 feet and lovin it!
        63 avanti R2 63R-2648

Comment

Working...
        X