Rarest of the Rare - Hunting down one of the Elusive 159

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love those taillights!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

The cars in the Ohio junkyard you are talking about have all been crushed.

Comment

Donald, I kinda figured they would've been scrapped by now. Sad to hear, but pretty much inevitable. I remember the pigs running loose there. I think I have one of the owner's business cards that has a hog on it. T'was right close to Toledo Express airport if I remember right.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob you remember exactly right. the place was called hog heaven now long gone.

Comment

Matthew, My Dad has had one longer than I have been alive. If I recall, it is solid black with no white roof. I do not know the body number. I will try to get it the next time I am over there. Zane

Comment

For anyone looking to restore a 58 packard wagon there is a 58 studebaker wagon on eBay. Would make a nice donor body and frame.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...item1c2ffe67c3

it's in Ardmore, OK.
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

This one has possibilities if all of the rust is just surface, it looks pretty straight.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Grab it quick before those two dudes from Fast 'n Loud get it!
                    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                    Kenmore, Washington
                    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                    '69 Pontiac Firebird
                    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Back in the early 90"s Brad Kuchan and I were at the annual gathering in Bloomington, il, at Miller Park, Brad had 3 body styles of the 1958 Packard{ he had 2 wagons} and I had a Packard hawk, the picture of all the body styles together was really neat. Do not see that very often!

Comment

would love to see that pic!
                        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

If you would like pictures google car lust 1957&58 packard bakers make sure to open the file. One of every model at this show. All six and then some. For those that do not know about this show it is very worth while attending. Summit racing.

Comment

Working...
                          X