1954 Commander Mauve Tan interior paint color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1954 Commander Mauve Tan interior paint color

How do I go about ordering the Tan Mauve interior paint color for my '54? Current paint code/manufacturer?
    Thanks

Take a removeable part off and take it to the auto paint store.....they will have color map books .
    Some bigger stores have a scanner that looks at the color and comes up with a pretty close formula.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

They should be able to scan your glove box door. As Bez indicated, the code will be the closest match to a modern color. If it matches a gloss exterior color you will need to add some flattener to the mix. Dash paint shouldn't be too sun reflective. Also delete any pearl additive.
      I had mine scanned for the '53 and the match was perfect for the Loma Grey.
      Last edited by rockne10; 01-18-2011, 08:00 PM.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I just went to a Sherwin Williams Paint Store and grabbed a Can of spray Paint off the shelf in "DOVE GREY", it's a brownish Grey. Perfect match!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Rich,the problem with that is it's not activated!!!(needs to be) and truely a perfect match is one's opinion.
          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          I just went to a Sherwin Williams Paint Store and grabbed a Can of spray Paint off the shelf in "DOVE GREY", it's a brownish Grey. Perfect match!
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            "DOVE GREY", it's a brownish Grey.
            Sounds like Loma to me. Maybe we need to see the "Tan Mauve" Bob is talking about.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

I have a pair of NOS dash instrument cluster inserts that have the correct color. I'll have them matched. Thanks for all the input.
              I will have pics of the car to show in the next week or so.

Comment

Bob, would you be willing to share your paint code with me? We are restoring a '54 commander which had a gray interior originally so we don't have a chip to match it to. If yes, Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Colorado View Post
                  Bob, would you be willing to share your paint code with me? We are restoring a '54 commander which had a gray interior originally so we don't have a chip to match it to. If yes, Thanks!
                  WELCOME ...to the SDC Forum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Colorado View Post
                    We are restoring a '54 commander which had a gray interior originally
                    If your gray looks something like this, it could also be the Loma Gray used in the '53.

If so, here's a formula.Click image for larger version

Name:	Loma Grey paint.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1671742

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                      If your gray looks something like this, it could also be the Loma Gray used in the '53.

]
                      Loma Gray, that was used for 1953, was NO longer used for 1954.
                      1954 metal interior parts were one of four colors depending on exterior color. The colors were; Mauve Tan, Amazon Green, Aero Gray and Aura Blue.
                      Laura - If the original main color of the exterior of your car was; Elko Gray, Cadet Gray, Velvet Black or Chadron Red, then the interior paint would be Aero Gray.
                      Last edited by studegary; 01-14-2012, 04:12 PM. Reason: corrected count
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

What Gary says is true for cloth interiors. '54s with vinyl or leather interiors used mauve tan on interior metal parts regardless of exterior color.
                        Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by 1954khardtop View Post
                          What Gary says is true for cloth interiors. '54s with vinyl or leather interiors used mauve tan on interior metal parts regardless of exterior color.
                          Thanks for the added information, that I agree with. I was just concentrating on the question about gray interior paint.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                          X