Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vendor for weatherstrips/rubbers please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vendor for weatherstrips/rubbers please help!

Hello All,

I need to buy all possible weatherstrips/rubbers available for my 57 Studebaker President Sedan. I dont care if is NOS or aftermarket.

I mostly need.

Windshield rubber
    Rear window rubber
    All doors
    Hood to fender

and any other rubber you guys think I might need for after the paint. Thanks

http://www.studebaker-intl.com/gifts.html

Rubber page didn't work, sorry.
    Last edited by barnlark; 01-17-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Barnlark; Your thread(?) came up as "Invalid"

Comment

http://www.studebakervendors.com/index.htm#ANCHORTOP

Here is a site for various Studebaker vendors.
        I personally purchased my rubber parts from Studebaker International but there are others.
        sigpic
        55 President Deluxe
        64 Commander
        66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I don't endorse any particular vendor but see that Studebaker International has a rubber kit for your car including pretty much everything you need that can save you about 70-80 dollars over individual pricing.
          Last edited by 41 Frank; 01-17-2011, 09:00 AM. Reason: spelling
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by feralcat0_0 View Post
            Barnlark; Your thread(?) came up as "Invalid"
            Sorry, not sure what happened. It was supposed to be the direct page to the rubber products at SI.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't endorse any particular vendor but see that Studebaker International has a rubber kit for your car including pretty much everything you need that can save you about 70-80 dollars over individual pricing." 41 Frank
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I didn't mean to, either, because many vendors carry those new rubber items. But, I would endorse 41 Frank if he had them... someone has to deplete that stash of parts so that the truck and trailer are less heavy next time.

Comment

Thanks for the promo Dave, however rubber seals are the one rubber item we don't handle.
              Originally posted by barnlark View Post
              Sorry, not sure what happened. It was supposed to be the direct page to the rubber products at SI.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              "I don't endorse any particular vendor but see that Studebaker International has a rubber kit for your car including pretty much everything you need that can save you about 70-80 dollars over individual pricing." 41 Frank
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              I didn't mean to, either, because many vendors carry those new rubber items. But, I would endorse 41 Frank if he had them... someone has to deplete that stash of parts so that the truck and trailer are less heavy next time.
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Bill Fennessey, Champ Specialty Parts, & studebakerparts.com(Chuck Collins) are the 3 biggest rubber parts vendors other than SI. Studebakers West & a few others also carry rubber seals.
                Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Thank you guys for your feedback is greatly appeciate.

Please feel free to correct my part# as im placing this order but I want to make sure I dont order something wrong. I will also confirm with SI.

The rubber kit for my car is:
                  Part# 800542R
                  Door Seals Kit

Includes:
                  Above Door Seal - Part #1351334-5
                  Rear Upper Door Seal - Part #1350856-7
                  Around Door Seal - Part #1350764-5
                  Door Corner Seal -Part #1350164-5
                  Front Upper Door Seal on Windshield Post - Part #1360896-7
                  Outer Window Seal - Part #1350963

It doesnt include the windshield or the rear window rubbers
                  would this one work? Is this front front windshield or rear?
                  GLASS SEAL STATIONWAGON - 2009X1

Comment

You want a 800993R $639.00 it comes with the 1942X2 Windshield Seal & Rear Glass Seal. Rear Glass is not a W/S.
                    You have the AVANTI kit!

You do not need all those individual Rubber seals unless they are not in the Kit, and certainly NOT the Station Wagon Rear Glass Seal!

Be sure you give them the 57H-W6 Model Code!

I guess this is a good example of how bad the on-line "shopping carts" are!
                    Most Co's have a "Programmer" who has 0 experience with the Product, write the code to produce these things, and you get all the errors, cost and misunderstandings, and they get the Labor savings.

If you just send them the $3.50, get the paper catalog, call them up, read the items numbers of the items you want off to the friendly, somewhat knowledgeable order taker, you will get confirmation spoken back to you as to the item description & price so there will be MINIMUM errors. Then you will not be having all the frustration, arguements and THREE times the UPS Shipping cost to pay!
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-17-2011, 01:44 PM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

or, download the pdf version of the catalogue, and then call.

Comment

Working...
                      X