Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field of Dreams 1933 style

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/e...g?t=1295159655

During my tenure as editor of the Antique Studebaker Review as well as the Almanac in TW I was sent hundreds of photos and I am in the (slow) process of sorting them out. This is a rare one and well composed so thought some might like to see it. I have credited the owner who also supplied the image.

Rare as they are there have been a few on Ebay lately with two now running:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...-/160532611465

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...-/260720251968
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Dick: At the risk of having overlooked something, is the second of your e-bay offerings a "before" picture of the restored car photographed in front of the Field of [Corn] Dreams? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob, aren't both of the auctions sedans and the photo is a coupe? Or did *I* miss something?

--george

Comment

Originally posted by ClaymoreWW View Post
        Bob, aren't both of the auctions sedans and the photo is a coupe? Or did *I* miss something?

--george
        Well, duh; you're right, George! I hadn't even looked at the other photos of the auction car; just the head-on view in the opening photo. Insert whack 'up side-of-head symbol here. (Groan; it's gonna' be a good day at this rate!) <GGG> BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

These early cars are becoming harder and harder to find, what a beautiful car that coupe is. Were the chrome spokes avalible as a factory option back then? The late 20s was when we started to loose wood wheels.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
            These early cars are becoming harder and harder to find, what a beautiful car that coupe is. Were the chrome spokes avalible as a factory option back then? The late 20s was when we started to loose wood wheels.
            Yes, the artillery wheels were standard on the Regal cars whereas wire wheels were used on the others. 1933 was the only year that these particular wheels were offered. The last year wood wheels were available was in 1931.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

That is one beautiful coupe. You could be proud at any car show.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X