56 Wagon in Vegas, part. restored FS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Wagon in Vegas, part. restored FS

Neat car, but the seller's doing the old "taking offers" routine. I'm guessing he's expecting WAY more than the actual value Still, an interesting car:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Interesting description, ad notes that the floorboards have been replaced, but then goes on to say "........this car had NO RUST ISSUES, floor board replaced due to owner leaving news papers on the floor (mildew)."

So if the car never had any rust issues, what happened to the floorboards?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

This one will stay in his garage. He doesn't really want to sell it.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Come on now guys, makes sense that he would like to at least get his money out of it and maybe even make a buck or two, does look like a nice car for the right person that likes the 56 2 door wagons, he did state what the paint cost if someone really wanted it all they need to do is make an offer and see where it goes, low dollars does not buy much now days in nice cars.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I agree with you, Bob; I just get the feeling from the tone of the listing that this is probably a car the seller would rather not part with, if possible.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Since the car is disassembled, all he will get is low ball offers!
            Pretty much every Car Guy knows what a ball of snakes it is to take over someone else's half finished project.
            The first problem I see is, it's already had the Windshield install screwed up by not installing the mouldings.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I hear what you're saying, but if anybody wants me to make a run over to look at it, ask questions, shoot pix, I'm your man.

Comment

I guess my wagon is screwed up. I am not going to put the moulding around the windshield and took all the strips off the sides and welded up the holes. And give the bumper guards away. Chrome grill and bumpers is enough for me. It's a driver not a show car.

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Since the car is disassembled, all he will get is low ball offers!
                Pretty much every Car Guy knows what a ball of snakes it is to take over someone else's half finished project.
                The first problem I see is, it's already had the Windshield install screwed up by not installing the mouldings.

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
                  I guess my wagon is screwed up. I am not going to put the moulding around the windshield and took all the strips off the sides and welded up the holes. And give the bumper guards away. Chrome grill and bumpers is enough for me. It's a driver not a show car.
                  Even drivers, need to look a bit better than a stripped down cheapie Scotsman you know!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Opinions may vary.
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I'm the owner of the wagon, I would like a Studebaker enthusiast to take a look. My brother and I took this project under the intentions of putting in a chevy drive train, but I would rather sell it
                      and build a chevy instead of killing a Stude. I also live in north las vegas, give me a call, could use some advice 702-469-0864

Comment

I think the car may sell on Ebay if the ad showed good pictures and be sure to show that you have all the parts it takes to put it back together. This is a good looking car!! Study other ebay ads that place has the most potential buyers.

Comment

Sure is a good looking project. The problem is most buyers are uncomfortable making an offer, especially since you said "NO LOWBALL OFFERS" and only you know what you think is a lowball offer.

As suggested, your best bet is to make it known here on this forum (already done) then list it on eBay. Don't fall for the high opening bid trap; start with maybe a $500 opening bid and set a reserve at your absolute rock-bottom price. At the least you will get an accurate view of what the market is willing to pay at any given point in time.

Kudos on wanting to keep it Stude-powered. I have no problem with mods but appreciate correct restos as well.

Good luck with your sale!
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I've been inspired through your constructive criticism, the family is spending the weekend in the garage with me. I'll post pics on monday. thanks

Comment

http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l615/charlyray1971/
                              missing front bumper brackets and the hood bar that holds the hood latch, any help? that was a pretty long weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X