Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

last one of the 4 going down under

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • last one of the 4 going down under

    Today Pat nibbs53 and I took the rust free 62 GT over to be shipped out to Australia along with the green 53 hardtop, green 56 skyhawk and the brown 58 supercharged silver hawk, I know they will all find good new homes and owners down under.









    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California



  • #2
    I think I remember the GT. Isn't that the one your family member was doing but lost interest? It was a pretty high price as I recall.

    Still, gotta love rust free!
    Proud NON-CASO

    I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

    If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

    GOD BLESS AMERICA

    Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

    Illegitimi non carborundum

    Comment


    • #3
      'Hope you 'Aussies keep 'em on high ground! <GGG> Enjoy! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

      Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

      G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes Bob and Bob this is the same car my son-in-law lost interest in and what some might think is high priced might not to other for every thing done to this or any car for sale, total rust free California car, interior seats, carpet and head liner done, new rubber installed front and rear glass, car taken down to bare metal and primed and painted "needs to be repainted" been sitting for a long time body still perfect. rebuilt 289 to equal R-1 and rebuilt auto trans, nos 120 speedo, nos tach, nice other gauges, nice grille shell and nos mesh, nos or new pot metal nice stainless 3 nos front p/t light lenses with chrome ring $100.00 each on e-bay any day, try to find some. this list could go on and on so someone please tell me how much they could get on into this shape for even doing the work them self if they were able to do good body work ect. and don't for get to rebuild the engine and trans they should be cheap ?? and yes the car will be above water for some time it is going to the other side of Australia.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California


        Comment


        • #5
          very fine car!!!
          and, as usual, apparently the buyer didn't think it was overpriced...
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

          '51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

          '40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
            Yes Bob and Bob this is the same car my son-in-law lost interest in and what some might think is high priced might not to other for every thing done to this or any car for sale, total rust free California car, interior seats, carpet and head liner done, new rubber installed front and rear glass, car taken down to bare metal and primed and painted "needs to be repainted" been sitting for a long time body still perfect. rebuilt 289 to equal R-1 and rebuilt auto trans, nos 120 speedo, nos tach, nice other gauges, nice grille shell and nos mesh, nos or new pot metal nice stainless 3 nos front p/t light lenses with chrome ring $100.00 each on e-bay any day, try to find some. this list could go on and on so someone please tell me how much they could get on into this shape for even doing the work them self if they were able to do good body work ect. and don't for get to rebuild the engine and trans they should be cheap ??
            I hear what you're saying, and the proof is in the fact that it sold. I was just comparing it to others I've seen, like this one:

            http://daytona.craigslist.org/ctd/2157046750.html

            Of course, it depends if the car is as good as is represented. We know if you say something we can believe it. But this one would catch my eye a little quicker in that price range (and I vacation there enough that I could plan a trip and bring it home with me
            Proud NON-CASO

            I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

            If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

            GOD BLESS AMERICA

            Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

            Illegitimi non carborundum

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              'Hope you 'Aussies keep 'em on high ground! <GGG> Enjoy! BP
              Bob,
              Its even been raining heavily all day here in Melbourne & its the middle of summer. Had a couple of Queenslanders call in yesterday to see my Studebaker memorabilia collection & forunately there properties are OK back home.

              \"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
              MELBOURNE.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ya maybe I should send some house boats.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California


                Comment


                • #9
                  Bob go look at it and check out the trunk and floors, and then see if it is worth the bucks, first red GT dash I have ever seen, mine sold for a good deal just to work on cleaning house some, lots of good extra parts also, extra grille, front parking lenses, tail light , ect. you would be surprised at the price but don't ask, .
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Has anyone heard from the Moisleys?

                    I've been kinda wondering about Tony, his brother and Chantal.
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
                      Has anyone heard from the Moisleys?

                      I've been kinda wondering about Tony, his brother and Chantal.
                      The Moisley's are safe on the other side of Australia if you concern with them relative to the floods.

                      \"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                      MELBOURNE.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                        Bob go look at it and check out the trunk and floors, and then see if it is worth the bucks, first red GT dash I have ever seen, mine sold for a good deal just to work on cleaning house some, lots of good extra parts also, extra grille, front parking lenses, tail light , ect. you would be surprised at the price but don't ask, .
                        Don't have the spare 10K or I'd have inquired about yours!
                        Proud NON-CASO

                        I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

                        If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

                        GOD BLESS AMERICA

                        Ephesians 6:10-17
                        Romans 15:13
                        Deuteronomy 31:6
                        Proverbs 28:1

                        Illegitimi non carborundum

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ron, the Moisleys are vactioning in Singapore, I am waiting for Tony to get back on Monday, I have a 64 Daytona Convertible that has to be sent to him.
                          Brian Greenall
                          Melbourne, OZ
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Boy, must be a rough life for Tony! First he spends most the summer here in the U.S., attends the international meet, then heads to Singapore for vacation. Damn, I could really suffer like that!

                            thanks for the info. I was a bit concerned. My geography is a bit weak on OZ. I do hope the rest of you fellows are all right too? Terrible buisness that, reminds me of the flooding that occured in and around the Midwest of our own country some years back. Very worrisome business.
                            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                            Ron Smith
                            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X