how to find the original color of Avanti R1 1964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to find the original color of Avanti R1 1964

Serial number is r-5537 and the body tag is RQ-4502. I would like to find out the original color of my car so I can finish restoring it. Any help would be great!!!

The only way is to obtain a copy of the build sheet. Nothing in the serial number or body number will provide any information.

It's possible to see the original color inside the engine bay or maybe under the trunk carpeting or inside of the trunk lid if the car has received new paint and those areas weren't repainted.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 01-09-2011, 01:31 PM.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

The paint identification is on a small sticker located under the right side of the dash just under the glove box door. I have had 4 Studebaker Avantis and each has had the sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by florida View Post
        Serial number is r-5537 and the body tag is RQ-4502. I would like to find out the original color of my car so I can finish restoring it. Any help would be great!!!
        You would be money ahead getting the build sheet, it will give you all the information on the car as built.
        Also, the original paint chips can be purchased on ebay, or a good paint shop can usually pull them out
        of a paint color book, if you know the paint brand.

Comment

Working...
        X