56 Packard Caribbean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Packard Caribbean

Did they have reversible seats? I was 16 at the time and I thought I had kept up with every car that came out but I don't remember this.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Yes, some did. I seem to recall an aquaintance of mine has a mid-fifties Packard with that option.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Yes, some did. I seem to recall an aquaintance of mine has a mid-fifties Packard with that option.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I think only the 56 Caribbean had them. I have a friend with a 55 Caribbean that does not have them, but maybe they were an option.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I think only the 56 Caribbean had them. I have a friend with a 55 Caribbean that does not have them, but maybe they were an option.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

The reversible seats were standard equipment on all 1956 Caribbeans (both hardtops and convertibles) and likely available special-order on 400 hardtops if someone insisted. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The reversible seats were standard equipment on all 1956 Caribbeans (both hardtops and convertibles) and likely available special-order on 400 hardtops if someone insisted. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by ST2DE5

Did they have reversible seats? I was 16 at the time and I thought I had kept up with every car that came out but I don't remember this.

History does repeat itself. Reversible seat inserts were available on 1973 Olds Cutlasses with the swivel bucket option.
                They were cloth on one side; vinyl on the other side. Because they were an insert, one probably wouldn't even be aware they are reversible.[^]

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by ST2DE5

History does repeat itself. Reversible seat inserts were available on 1973 Olds Cutlasses with the swivel bucket option.
                  They were cloth on one side; vinyl on the other side. Because they were an insert, one probably wouldn't even be aware they are reversible.[^]

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X