Late Night Forum Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Night Forum Users

I have noticed over the past year that everyone seems to have their favorite time to cruise the Forum! The numbers really drop off about 9:00 to 10:00 pm PST. I usually check out the forum at around 6:00 to 7:00 pm when I come in from the shop or if I am in for lunch. But, don't seriously get back to post untill after 11:00 pm. The numbers drop significantly by then and there are only a few of us on for instant replies.
    So to all you night hawks. Good evening!
    &
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

3:00 a.m. CST here in beautiful downtown Mokena. Will likely be up another hour or so.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Still up here in Southern Illinois, but I've been known to keep strange hours and strange company.
      Jim
      Often in error, never in doubt
      http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Same here, still functioning at 3:00 am. I'll probably go to 3:30 but no later, due to old habits. Because of my current situation, I don't need to be in any hurry to get up in the morning after breakfast, so I spend my nights working on other stuff, learning some obscene stuff, or playing with the trains. Anybody interested in learning about cryovolcanos on Miranda??
        1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

An Ambrose Bierce quote from his devil's dictionary goes, "Dawn - When men of reason go to bed." The older I get the more I find that I appreciate "Bitter" Bierce. For all the curmudgeons out there you should be reading his stuff!!
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

up in the night

it's 2:28am in Tucson and i've had my three hours sleep for the day. Sometimes i cruz here or Facebook. Most times i read. TV is so bad anymore i rarely watch it at night.

Comment

Usually on anywhere from 1:30 am to 7 am, Bad sleeping habits i guess, when i'm tired i go to sleep. part of being retired I guess. Lots of people on at that time, so i'm not alone. Usually leave here and go play Modern warfare 2 on my xbox 360. It's very adicting. Also I refuse to grow up.
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Interesting discussion. I had no idea so many people were up that late...or early, depending on how you look at it. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Since working grave yard shift my sleep patterns are screwy. On my days off I revert back to the Ol' get up and milk the cows routine ( can't let my milk sour) Besides the darn TV isn't blaring and it is very peaceful to read my favorite stuff. You all are great. Good morning.

Comment

Oh No!!!

The word "ForumSDC and Forum Discussion" Forum ...as soon as the moderators wake up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                      Oh No!!!

The word "ForumSDC and Forum Discussion" Forum ...as soon as the moderators wake up!!!
                      Early on, after I discovered this forum, I noticed the trend of certain members being on at predictable times. I coined a term I called "The Forum Shuffle" that seemed to follow the various time zones. Being "simi" retired, I still get up around 5 to 6:30 AM. As I am having my morning coffee, I turn on the computer and check the forum. It is not unusual at that time in the eastern time zone to see as few as 5 or 6 members and twenty or so "guests" on the forum.

Then for a couple of hours, you will see a few more sign on with a short decline as many of you make your way to work. The decline is for about an hour until many of you get to work and sign on there (hope you are not flirting with trouble doing this). This cycle repeats somewhat through the time zones. Thus...The Forum Shuffle.

I love it, while some are more predictable than others, our friends in other countries and those of you who can't (or don't) sleep are like spice in the soup. As I have described it before...like a 24/7 camp fire gathering...wander in...add a comment or two...listen awhile...stoke the fire...start an argument...or go take a nap and come back later.
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I never log off so I guess it looks like I am always on .
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Not that it's important, but always wondered if Eastern-types noticed me usually logging on (briefly) around 2:15AM WEST COAST time. Have finished my breakfast by then and getting ready to leave for work. You won't notice that anymore, though. That all stopped three weeks ago when we adopted a baby girl! Now she uses this room (as does Mommy). So I go to work now without checking the Forum or waking the family.
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Congratulations on the little girl. She will steal your heart, change your priorities, and enrich your life.
                            John Clary
                            Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I work nights (10 PM to 8 AM) four nights and am off the other three. Work nites I check the forums when I can and non-work nites I check during daytime hours. I remain signed on all the time because I use a number of different computers.

Comment

Working...
                              X