Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Stude story in Hemmings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great Stude story in Hemmings

    The February, 2011 issue has a very interesting story on page 42 about Bill Pressler's 63 Lark. Full page with photos & SDC info. A must read!

  • #2
    Originally posted by rbruner View Post
    The February, 2011 issue has a very interesting story on page 42 about Bill Pressler's 63 Lark. Full page with photos & SDC info. A must read!
    Thanks! I thought they might run the article and photos in Hemmings Classic Car, but I was surprised to see it in HMN when it came in the mail the other day. They did a nice job, although I wish they had used another photo of me, NOT in profile!

    An old friend of mine from western OH whom I haven't seen in a few years, emailed tonight that her husband opened his Hemmings and saw the article and said, "I not only know the car, I know the owner!"
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

    Comment


    • #3
      Seeing this post I went and opened my digital issue. Great story, Bill!

      I tried the digital issue, since I had too many magazines coming in; and, it was only $12 for the year. I won't be renewing, since the digital issue is WAY too annoying to try to read. February is my last issue. Glad I got to see your article!

      It does have a "share with friends" function, so if it works, here's a link:

      http://www.hemmingsdigital.com/hemmi...pm=1&u1=friend
      Proud NON-CASO

      I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

      If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

      GOD BLESS AMERICA

      Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

      Illegitimi non carborundum

      Comment


      • #4
        Stude press is what it is-- ALL GOOOD!!!

        Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
        I won't be renewing, since the digital issue is WAY too annoying to try to read.
        That link DID work. I see what you mean about 'annoying' to try and read.
        There's gotta be an easier way to do it then that, eh?



        StudeDave '57
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

        3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

        past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

        past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
          Seeing this post I went and opened my digital issue. Great story, Bill!

          I tried the digital issue, since I had too many magazines coming in; and, it was only $12 for the year. I won't be renewing, since the digital issue is WAY too annoying to try to read. February is my last issue. Glad I got to see your article!

          It does have a "share with friends" function, so if it works, here's a link:

          http://www.hemmingsdigital.com/hemmi...pm=1&u1=friend
          It did, Bob; thanks!

          I've been waiting for it on the newstand, but nothing yet.

          Nicely done, Bill. Congrats. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

          Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

          G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the kind words, and Bob A., thanks for posting the link.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

            Comment


            • #7
              Easier to read if you click on the tab on the top of the page where the magnifying glass is. You can enlarge the page, then scroll through the large text. Great article, though.
              sigpicsals54

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                Easier to read if you click on the tab on the top of the page where the magnifying glass is. You can enlarge the page, then scroll through the large text.
                Uhhh, yea- I did that- and I still didn't like it much.



                StudeDave '57
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

                3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

                past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

                past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nice article Bill. I knew the car when a friend of mine owned it in Lincoln, NE. Did you buy it from Ira?

                  Denny L

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Green53 View Post
                    Nice article Bill. I knew the car when a friend of mine owned it in Lincoln, NE. Did you buy it from Ira?

                    Denny L
                    Ira owned the car from '79-83. I did communicate with him some back in the early '90's. Seems like a nice guy. Is he still around?

                    Ira was three owners before me.

                    I know who owned the car 'til '65, then from '69 'til today. I found a University of Minnesota parking pass dated 9-67 under the carpeting, but the trail's pretty dead from '65 'til '69.
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We have been contacted by two publications about featuring our car after it is finished. We are not sure what we will do. Our first choice would be Turning Wheels whom has not contacted us. Evidently the fact that it is a restoration of a custom originally done in the 50's makes it pretty unusual.
                      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
                      Pictures at https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection and https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He still lives in Denver. On the forum from time to time.

                        Denny L

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X