Broke Furnace/recruiting???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broke Furnace/recruiting???

This morning I woke up to a cold house...

The furnace was on the fritz...

I called a repair man and we set up a time to meet at my house this afternoon. Before I went to work I put on one of my nice "Studebaker" button down shirts. Worked until noon and then burned a half vacation day so I could meet with the repair man. He fixed my furnace in no time, and then commented on the shirt I was wearing. I told him I owned a couple of Studes, then he told a story of how he owned a couple of Studes at one time. I mentioned the Studebaker Drivers Club and Turning Wheels. Having never heard of either, I went over to a book shelf in my furnace room and handed him a couple of recent issues to read. I told him that the membership fee was more than worth it just to recieve Turning Wheels, and showed him the membership portion in the back. He thanked me much and went on his way to the next job.

It just goes to show that opportunities to recruit can happen in ordinary everyday life. Don't know if he will join, but at least I planted a seed.
    Last edited by Kurt; 01-05-2011, 07:29 PM. Reason: need to take out a word
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Good job Kurt! If anyone sees a Lark running around Illinois, powered by a Propane Furnace, say HI! it could be him!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Kind of adds new meaning to "adding a blower" doesn't it !!!
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Working...
      X