63 Rare Black on Black Avanti R1 Forsale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Rare Black on Black Avanti R1 Forsale

Hi guys I've been watching and learning from this site for a while but never registered until now. I have a 63 Avanti R1 that is part of an estate and would like to sell it. The car has been in storage for many year and is completely original down to the hubcaps! It's orginally from California and was shipped to Florida many years ago. It's in very good shape for it's age. Its black on black interior powered by a 289 V8 and auto transmission. The paintjob which I believe to be original is in good shape and will polish up nicely! All the stainless trim, bumpers, headligt covers and rings, etc are in exellent shape! The interior is complete and has all correct pieces. There are no tears and shows very little ware other than a sagging headliner. The dash is complete and has no cracks what so ever. I don't think the car is missing one piece it even has a stainless grill and new weather stripping for the doors included. All the correct original pieces are under the hood including the stainless distributer cover, stainless air cleaner, chrome valve covers, long battery, etc. The motor turns over strong and I'm sure it will run with the tank cleaned and fresh gas. The car was ordered fully loaded with power everything and AC! It would take very little to get this car back on the rd and would make someone a very easy project. I'm asking $8000obo and located in Lakeland fl. With very little work this car could easily be worth double the asking price. Give me a call anytime at 863(661)(8893), I can text or email pics. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Smitty06; 01-04-2011, 09:28 PM.

To the best of my knowledge, black was not an original color option in 1963.
    edp/NC
    \'63 Avanti
    \'66 Commander

Comment

For starters - it is an AVANTI (not "Advanti").
      If the car is as described, I do not think that you will have a problem with achieving your asking price. The one area that you did not cover the condition of is frame and torque boxes.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Black was available, my 63 R-1780, was a "Black 3 speed" R-1. It spent "some of it's life" as a white 63 R-2 4speed. It is now, once again a Black Avanti. It still has the 4 speed, and an R-2. I "beleive" that Black was available until Ian Flemming bought his Black Avanti. He "complained" so much about the "ripples" in the body, that Studebaker then began charging extra for Black.

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

I believe black was offered very early in '63 and was then discontinued because it was so difficult to make look good on a fiberglass body (as in, too much bodywork required to not have waves showing - not that it doesn't look stunning, it does.) Smitty - do you have a build sheet for the car?

nate
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Black is the original color it is very rare and not seen much at all. The body is perfect and has no ripples what so ever. I just got several cars in an estate and Im just selling them off. I don't have a build sheet but I do have alot of paper work and the original owners manual. The tags on the car are from Cali and dated 1973. The body number is 63Q-2209 I think I didn't write it down. I sold a 64 yesterday in a million pieces for $5000 so I thought $8000 would be a very good price for this 63. It's orginally a Cali car and has no rust issues at all!
            Last edited by Smitty06; 01-04-2011, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Wonder why the Avanti "flippers" ain't been all over this one. Then again maybe they have.
              edp/NC
              \'63 Avanti
              \'66 Commander

Comment

Are there any pics??
                Jim
                Often in error, never in doubt
                http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

To all the people that keep sending pic request I can either text them to ur number or give me ur email and I will send them. I couldn't figure out how to post them on here off my cell phone. Or if someone will give me there email I will email them to u and maybe u can post on here for me? If someone is looking for an avanti it doesn't get much better than this deal!

Comment

please PM me some pics, i'm currently shopping around for either a Hawk or an Avanti...

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty06 View Post
                      To all the people that keep sending pic request I can either text them to ur number or give me ur email and I will send them. I couldn't figure out how to post them on here off my cell phone. Or if someone will give me there email I will email them to u and maybe u can post on here for me? If someone is looking for an avanti it doesn't get much better than this deal!
                      your post landed "while" i was typing...
                      i just pm'd you my e-mail address...

Comment

All pics sent to emails given. I've had several out of state buyer say they want the car but it's still sitting here. I have the first person comming today to look if they actually show up. I'll take the first $7000cash Firm for the car! If it doesn't sell in a couple of days it's going on eBay and will bring that easily. I would just much rather have a face to face deal happend.

Comment

Sal and I both asked for pictures. I'm a risk taker, but not that much.
                          JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty06 View Post
                            All pics sent to emails given. I've had several out of state buyer say they want the car but it's still sitting here. I have the first person comming today to look if they actually show up. I'll take the first $7000cash Firm for the car! If it doesn't sell in a couple of days it's going on eBay and will bring that easily. I would just much rather have a face to face deal happend.
                            Someone local want to be a dealer with me on this one, or I'll pay for a inspection. Still no pictures, but I have cash ready.
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

I live about 1 1/2 hours drive (traffic wise) from where the car is and would be willing to go over and take a look for anyone on Saturday.

Rick
                              Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
                              1905 Farm Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X