Stewart Motors, Phoenix AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart Motors, Phoenix AZ

As it usually happens while looking on line for something I find something I wasn't looking for. So it seems this time too. The following link (scroll down to Stewart Motors) shows the attached picture of a Studebaker dealership in Phoenix AZ that I didn't find listed on either of the on-line dealership listings I am familiar with.

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/list/194802?order=0

Oh bye the way if anyone knows the street address for Albert Rose Motors in Newman CA I would appreciate a PM on that subject.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fatboylust; 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM.

The Albert A. Rose dealership was located at: 1458 "C" Street in Newman
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Originally posted by fatboylust View Post
      As it usually happens while looking on line for something I find something I wasn't looking for. So it seems this time too. The following link (scroll down to Stewart Motors) shows the attached picture of a Studebaker dealership in Phoenix AZ that I didn't find listed on either of the on-line dealership listings I am familiar with.

here's the building today, http://www.modernphoenix.net/stewartmotor.htm

Comment

The dealership in Newman Ca. was located at 1458 Main Street, not "C" street...I drove by the building today. Perhaps back then it was "C" street, but today it is Main Street. (Or perhaps is moved on its own in one of our earthquakes). In the mid-70s it still had the Studebaker sign mounted on the corner.
        Lou Van Anne
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by bridgegaurd View Post
          What an excellent article about the building in that link!!!
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

To bad it's changed so much, but it would still make a good photo op. I'm trying to find some info on the Tucson dealership, but i fear it has probably gone to the rubble it crowd.

Comment

Working...
            X