My Award Made TW Magazine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Award Made TW Magazine.

Not really mine any longer, but It was my ideas and designs. Thanks MB for mentioning the Award I made for the 33rd Annual Florida State Meet.

I spent approximately 60 hours total on it including the Corel Photo-Paint work to the image and the machine time. That included the first Lithophane was scrapped because of spindle bearing failure on my CNC router. I did remake the Lithophane on my Centroid controlled CNC mill using a 40,000 RPM air turbine spindle and it came out perfect the second time.

The picture MB included in the article was the finished image I created from different photo's and then used it to CNC machine the Lithophane in Corian. Here are photos on the finished Award including the Lithophane with LED back-lights.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
    Bubbaland South
    Resident Machinist

That's neat!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

That was some cool work you did! also some very nice work on your truck. I'm not really into customs, but was really impressed by your skill. NT
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Very impressive! And congrats! Your skills are WAY over my head...probably most of us
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Thanks Mr. Thornton, but I did not build my Champ. I upgraded to the Champ by trading my Jeep Wrangler for it.
          sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
          Bubbaland South
          Resident Machinist

Comment

Come on Bob. I'm sure everyone, including you, on this forum has there own skills that I would be totally lost trying to do.
            sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
            Bubbaland South
            Resident Machinist

Comment

Originally posted by JJWMACHINECO View Post
              Come on Bob. I'm sure everyone, including you, on this forum has there own skills that I would be totally lost trying to do.
              I'll bet I can sort mail just a good as he can!
              Chip
              '63 Cruiser
              '57 Packard wagon
              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Thanks Mr. Thornton, but I did not build my Champ. I upgraded to the Champ by trading my Jeep Wrangler for it.
                Sorry Jeff, I was misinformed. Someone told me you built that truck on a s-10 chassis. Whoever it was did a good job. NT
                Neil Thornton

Comment

I wish I could lay claims to this build because it was done professionally. However, I can claim I saved allot of money and time acquiring someone else's build, instead of doing it myself. It was built with a GMC Jimmy S-15 4-wheel drive chassis with the 4.3 V6 and the 700R4 automatic.
                  sigpic

J&JW Machine Co.
                  Bubbaland South
                  Resident Machinist

Comment

Sure. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. For me, I could not imagine doing that kind of work. Same with wood; never had any ability with it. My only real gift is driving race cars, and those days are probably all behind me now. So I get a kick out of watching others operate in their gifts.

Wonder how many Avantis you could buy if you liquidated all that equipment?
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                    X