X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DilloCrafter
    replied
    No, that's not quite correct. I tried it just now and here is my report:

If you follow the above link and then click on a photo thumbnail, you will indeed be prompted to sign in (but only if you are not already signed in to eBay). Looking at the url, I do see .eBay.com in the url, in the right place, so it is indeed at the eBay domain. Nothing suspicious here.

I then went to the main eBay website and clicked on "my eBay", which forced me to sign in.

Then I went back to that Studebaker link and clicked a thumbnail. This time, since I was already legitimately signed in to eBay, it took me to the "Ask Seller a Question" screen. Again, the ebay.com part of the url looked good. Still nothing truly suspicious.

This was just like the case of the red Lark the other day, where you click a thumbnail and land at the "Ask Seller a Question" page. So, there may be a glitch in the eBay system, or we have two sellers deliberately connecting the thumbnails to the "Ask..." page. But there appears to me to be no attempt here at hijacking a UserID and Password. The clue is always found by looking at the full url in your web browser's address window.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Leave a comment:

• DilloCrafter
    replied
    No, that's not quite correct. I tried it just now and here is my report:

If you follow the above link and then click on a photo thumbnail, you will indeed be prompted to sign in (but only if you are not already signed in to eBay). Looking at the url, I do see .eBay.com in the url, in the right place, so it is indeed at the eBay domain. Nothing suspicious here.

I then went to the main eBay website and clicked on "my eBay", which forced me to sign in.

Then I went back to that Studebaker link and clicked a thumbnail. This time, since I was already legitimately signed in to eBay, it took me to the "Ask Seller a Question" screen. Again, the ebay.com part of the url looked good. Still nothing truly suspicious.

This was just like the case of the red Lark the other day, where you click a thumbnail and land at the "Ask Seller a Question" page. So, there may be a glitch in the eBay system, or we have two sellers deliberately connecting the thumbnails to the "Ask..." page. But there appears to me to be no attempt here at hijacking a UserID and Password. The clue is always found by looking at the full url in your web browser's address window.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Leave a comment:

• glen
    replied
    Scam or HIjacked....don't logged in
    JDP calls it a "mouse over" and what
    ever you click on you need to log in
    to give away your id and P/w

glen Brose
    Somewhere between Perkinsville
    and Chino Valley AZ.

Leave a comment:

• glen
    replied
    Scam or HIjacked....don't logged in
    JDP calls it a "mouse over" and what
    ever you click on you need to log in
    to give away your id and P/w

glen Brose
    Somewhere between Perkinsville
    and Chino Valley AZ.

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    started a topic What's going on here?

What's going on here?

There is a pretty little 48 Champion convertible on eBay, but everytime I click on one of the smaller pictures, I get the "Ask Seller a Question" form.

Is anyone else having this problem? Never had this happen before.

(LINK REMOVED BY THE FORUM ADMINISTRATOR)

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/
Working...
X