Sunny, Cold, and Snow, not normal Studebaker weather for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunny, Cold, and Snow, not normal Studebaker weather for me

Just a quick post. My normal driver is in the shop and the wife was gone w/her car. So I had to take the kids to the local dentist but no car. Roads are dry, for the most part so why not use the Commander as it is still operational.

I had to put some air the tires, but after that, the car started fine. It's around 25 degrees here today. No issue backing out the garage where the snow was not shoveled. Great little car in the snow.

David
    Attached Files
    sigpic

David King

1964 Studebaker Commander
    1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (615)
    1959 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (56)
    1960 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (83)
    1966 Pontiac GTO convertible

SDC Member#: A011937K

That car looks way too nice to expose to salt but in a pinch one must do what one must do.

Comment

As my grandfather would say, "We used to walk 20 miles uphill in the snow to the dentist, why can't you?" <GGG> My luck would have been to get behind a nasty liquid de-icer truck with another plowing salt spreader truck going the other way, peppering both lanes with a twenty foot spread. Nice to get an unexpected Stude ride in, though. Looks good in the snow.

Comment

I can't wait to get my 63' Cruiser out there in the salt & snow....waiting on some brake cylinders and will probably invest in some snow tires...

Comment

Nice car David! Love those '64 F-bodies.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Working...
          X