Stolen Car Alert- 1911 EMF- Posted from another board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Car Alert- 1911 EMF- Posted from another board

Hello Everyone- I just found out about this earlier today- please pass the word to your local club members and friends. This could happen to any one of us. A member of the local HCCA chapter had his truck and trailer stolen from in front of his home in Pitsburg,CA last night. Worst part is his restored 1911 EMF was in the trailer.

Please send this to all your old car friends and clubs so Don and Joyce can get their car back.

Here is Don's e-mail with the information:

Everything was at my home in Pittsburg. Police reports have been made.

The truck is a white Ford F250 1996 with a white camper shell. It is a 2-door cab and a half with a short bed. License Plate Calif #5M67546. Mileage is about 40,000. Very clean and loaded.

The enclosed trailer is a black color 16' x 8' x 7' with a rear door ramp, tandem axle, with the large HCCA decal on the top right corner of the rear door. License #4GV7121 and is California permanent trailer tag. Trailer has an electric winch mounted inside.

The EMF ia a 1911 5-passenger touring complete car black fenders and burgundy body, excellent brass with speedometer (Stewart & Clark 26). All brass have cloth covers. License # HC 4978. Engine # 22959.

Also in the pick-up are a pair of all brass Solar 1177 headlights for a 1911 Chalmers. There is CMC on the bonnet. Lights have burners and glass reflectors.
    Please respond to me at"imnuts4fords(AT)comcast.net" Thanks. Feel free to forward to friends and other car clubs. Thanks.

Don & Joyce Azevedo
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Here's a pic of the car from another board:
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Hope it gets recovered real soon!!!
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Nothing seems to be safe anymore, even in front of your own home. I posted this on the HAMB and BangShift forums. The more the word is out there maybe the better the chance of finding this beautiful automobile and the a******s that stole it.
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Thanks for posting this, Evan. I saw the posting by Dave first. Maybe the two topics/threads could be melded into one.
          I figure that someone was stealing the truck and/or trailer and didn't even know what was in the trailer.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Sorry to hear about that.
            They were probably after the truck.

I'm thinking about marking the top of my trailer with a decal or something in case it's ever stolen. The bad guys won't know it's ther so the won't cover it up. Probably won't help, but it sure can't hurt.
            Also, I don't have any marking on the trailer to tip off what might be in it. In fact, I'd thought about putting "spetic tank service" or something similar on it to discourage theft.

Any ideas...suggestions?
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post

I'm thinking about marking the top of my trailer with a decal or something in case it's ever stolen. The bad guys won't know it's ther so the won't cover it up. Probably won't help, but it sure can't hurt.
              Also, I don't have any marking on the trailer to tip off what might be in it. In fact, I'd thought about putting "spetic tank service" or something similar on it to discourage theft.

Any ideas...suggestions?
              sigpic

Comment

Any ideas...suggestions?
                When I brought my bike to NIU, I engraved my name, phone number, and a unique symbol on the body. That way if the bike disappeared and the police recovered it, they had half of a chance who it belonged to. The only way to remove it was to disassemble the bike(info is still on the parts), or destroy the info(which would require resanding and repainting the bike). I never had the bike disappear, so the system never needed to be implemented, but the bike had my "barcode" on it. In the case of the trailer, a couple of out of the way places external to the trailer may work, and the cops would need to be told where to look for the engravings. The trailer would have to be taken apart, or the information would have to be destroyed, either way it would leave a huge clue the trailer was taken.
                1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Thank you for posting this. It's hard to imagine there would be scum that terible, but there is. In the racing world from which I come, there have been more than a few thefts like this- Crew cab duallie, 40' gooseneck enclosed trailer, 2 race cars and equipment, stolen right out of motel parking lots. Two friends had almost identical rigs as I described stolen about 10 years apart, coincidentally both in Canada. One rig was found in a gravel bed with truck and trailer burnt to a crisp, race cars and equipment missing. The other truck was found abandoned and vandalized, trailer never found. None of the race cars or equipment were ever recovered. Both had budding careers ruined by this.

Nowadays the teaveling teams mostly use rigs with sleeping quarters, and someone stays with them 24 hours. It's the world we live in today.

Do update us with any developments.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

It's time to get the 9mm out. Hearing about people stealing Studebaker's is grounds for exercising our right to bear arms.

Comment

Right. I wonder which one gets life in prison.

Comment

Working...
                      X