Meet the man that makes them go down under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet the man that makes them go down under

Today I was at the shipping warehouse and had my camera, so figured I would take a few pictures so people can see what a warehouse like this looks full of cars and just about anything else they want to ship, also got a nice picture of Gabriel Cunich the owner of Inter Global Logistic Inc. in Hayward California,

do you see anything you like? sorry about the pictures but not much light in the warehouse

There is more all over the warehouse and all the Studebakers are going to Australia and belong to 3 people, you might even see something other than a Studebaker you like here.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

I see plenty I like there, Bob, in that last photo alone! The Hawk of course, but the Riv is gorgeous too, as is the classic Cali runner 'Vette. I'd take any of 'em.
    Clark in San Diego
    '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I just delivered the 58 hawk, it is supercharged and 3 speed, didn't sell on e-bay so it sold to go down under.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Bob, thanks for the insight into where those Aussie bound Studebakers begin their journey.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Hey Bob, Tony Moisley owns half the cars in that warehouse. I was just talking with him earlier and he has just moved to another factory back home. He had to move 70 cars plus parts, it has taken him the best of 2 months and he is still going, not to mention in the mean time two containers have rolled up with another 8 cars .
          Brian Greenall
          Melbourne, OZ
          sigpic

Comment

Does he handle Aussie cars that are sold to the states?
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Bob, where did the black '64 Daytona hardtop R-engined car come from? R1 or R2?
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                Bob, where did the black '64 Daytona hardtop R-engined car come from? R1 or R2?
                I was wondering the same thing!
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Bill,
                  Tony Moisley bought it from Louie up in Oregan, it is not a real R car, it was on e-bay a few months ago. The brown convertible, I bought from the Williams estate up in Napa, it is the last Daytona convertible built coming out of South Bend.
                  Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

Jim I don't know if he has anything to do with cars coming state side, but if you ask the other people in your country they might know who and how to get it done , try Packardhawk 58 (Brian) sure he can help, and it looks like Brain answered the other questions , very interesting to go to the warehouse always something different every day loading 3 containers all the time.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

See, this is like the buggy whip joke: despite domestic issues, our export market is still strong!

Insist on real Australian gold. They practically pave the streets with it, I hear.

Comment

Not all the way DownUnda here, but it looks like I now have a much better idea who will help me get my Studebaker from wherever it is to where I am when I can finally afford it. Many thanks for the reference.

Comment

I want to get a few parts from Aussieland, I wonder if they can sneak them in
                          the trunk of some car coming from Downundah to ... um .. Upovah?

Tom
                          '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                          X